• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gear Question Need help choosing a camera!

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
We are looking to purchase a camera soon as an upgrade to using a phone. We have read in the forums that the Lumix G7/G85 are popular among members. But we also want to know what other cameras in the mid-price range (No more than £600) that are worthy to consider. We are also looking to compare models to see which can offer great quality video recording/microphone input and handle low light conditions well ( we do have a good light setup, however).

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Nothing wrong with a G7/G85. Solid camera in that price range. The Canon M50 kits are in the same price range. There are some advantages to the APS-C sensor in the Canon over the Micro 4/3 sensor in the Panasonic. There are also several really nice fixed-lens cameras in your price range including the Sony ZV-1 and Panasonic Powershot G7.

Finally, just today DJI released the Pocket 2. Check out some of the reviews on it. The "Creator's" package is in your price range and includes a lot of stuff - even a wireless mic.

Reactions: Randomlifestylevlog

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Sony A6100 or 6400 might work for you really well. I have a 6400 and love it.
I have one as well, but I feel like you are moving up a step with this one, especially when paired with a fast lens like the Sigma 16mm 1.4/f. But it is a great recommendation!

Yoyo

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
I am also using the Sony a6400 and mostly using the 30 mm Sigma lens. The Sony kit lens is not too bad for filming videos. If your budget allows it, I would totally recommend the a6400. However buying the Lumix series is not bad either. One of my friend is using it.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
We are looking to purchase a camera soon as an upgrade to using a phone. We have read in the forums that the Lumix G7/G85 are popular among members. But we also want to know what other cameras in the mid-price range (No more than £600) that are worthy to consider. We are also looking to compare models to see which can offer great quality video recording/microphone input and handle low light conditions well ( we do have a good light setup, however).

I REALLY Love my G7 but if I had to buy another I'd go G85 personally the 12- 60 kit is SO good :)

Relentluss Gaming

I had an M50 for a month or so, it was a great camera, great photos and flip out screen for vlogging, but I traded it in for a Sony A6000.

The A6000 is amazing for low light situations for both video and photo, you do lose the flip screen but I feel the quality is worth the loss.

I picked mine up new with the kit lens and zoom lens on sale for $599

nate polmateer

Known Member
Subscriber Goal

I just got the Canon m50, (600.00 CAD)

ThinkMedia suggested it and I have only recorded one video but it does not disappoint. You can pick up a combo pack on Amazon with it. I also picked up the SIGMA 16mm lense, that one is around 400.00 CAD used.