• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Where did the likely spam comment section go

ProjectGirlBoss

TubeBuddy Legend
In studio both on mobile and desktop the likely spam section is now gone. I asked YouTube and they said that it has always worked in a way that it is only available when YouTube has detected a potential spam comment and places it in that section. Is this a Mandela Effect thing :laughing: because I remember it being a permanent section along with held for review and comments. Anybody else notice this?

Reactions: Etypical

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
This section?
1603124465017.png

• Haha
Reactions: BABRA AGASHA
OP
OP
ProjectGirlBoss

ProjectGirlBoss

TubeBuddy Legend
Interesting... can you send a screenshot? :eek:
1603157426638.png

Same for Studio app...only published and held for review show up. I think YouTube is experimenting though because I did notice another change within analytics of a new section popping up

on a dark night

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I had this yesteday so some people still seem to have it . I found a comment that wasnt spam but had been listed as such and it was in that tab.
Maybe they're getting rid of it which would be a shame.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Did you actually have any spam in there? itΓÇÖs possible that if you have no spam in there, the section wonΓÇÖt show until you have some spam. ItΓÇÖs also a possible new change as I just got a notification earlier last week that comments in those sections are removed after 60 days and I have some from 3 years ago (ΓÇÿmy strategy being if it stays hidden no one sees it, but if you delete it, the commentor will know and might try to call you out on it or troll you, so I usually leave them hidden)

so my guess is that you have nothing in that section anyway and possibly it will only show if thereΓÇÖs spam, otherwise it might be one of many visibility bugs floating around youtube. Keeping in mind thereΓÇÖs a big bug in thier captioning right now with the newest update to YouTube.
397E01A9-971E-4F53-A7ED-C3E5338EF3D6.jpeg

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I still have a "likely spam" section in the comments on mine. This is on the Chrome browser
1603172555842.png

OP
OP
ProjectGirlBoss

ProjectGirlBoss

TubeBuddy Legend
I still have a "likely spam" section in the comments on mine. This is on the Chrome browserView attachment 7821
Just got an update that they are experimenting with merging likely spam with held for review
D4C4E4DF-AB3B-48D9-AD1A-A6C5B9BE589C.png

I just went to check and see what info I found.

View attachment 7820
Yes, just got an update that they are experimenting with this

Did you actually have any spam in there? itΓÇÖs possible that if you have no spam in there, the section wonΓÇÖt show until you have some spam. ItΓÇÖs also a possible new change as I just got a notification earlier last week that comments in those sections are removed after 60 days and I have some from 3 years ago (ΓÇÿmy strategy being if it stays hidden no one sees it, but if you delete it, the commentor will know and might try to call you out on it or troll you, so I usually leave them hidden)

so my guess is that you have nothing in that section anyway and possibly it will only show if thereΓÇÖs spam, otherwise it might be one of many visibility bugs floating around youtube. Keeping in mind thereΓÇÖs a big bug in thier captioning right now with the newest update to YouTube.
View attachment 7819
That is what youtube initally said, that the likely spam section only appears when you do have spam but I know that is not how it worked before. I only asked because sometimes certain words triggered a comment into going to the spam section but it was a legit comment.
I did just get update from youtube that they are indeed experimenting with removing this so some people no longer have the section and others still do

Attachments

• 834402B6-FAFD-4AED-BF13-10AA482D8198.png
    834402B6-FAFD-4AED-BF13-10AA482D8198.png
    245.9 KB · Views: 130

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I got the same pop up saying it has been moved to the bottom of the page. But scroll as I might... there is no bottom to the page. Has anyone found where they moved it? Capture.JPG

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I just got the notification today when going to comments saying that they merged, so now the "likely spam" section is gone on my end too.
1603313019382.png

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I am seeing comments in my notification area, but they do not show up in the comment tab. The portion I can read in the notification makes it look like trollish... but it is not in the regular comments, or the held for review. They are just not there. Now the trolls are accusing me of deleting comments... I probably would delete them... but I cannot find them.

I have completely lost my spam section. It is not merged, just gone. Odd...