• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy I am shy!

JoanMich

Subscriber Goal
hi everyone Γÿ║.. since my last video gained 1k views. I want to speak and show myself in front of camera, coz I want to talk about life, motivation and inspiration..but I am introvert and too shy.. what I have to do?? Please help me thank you!!

Ps: sorry for my English!!

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
hi everyone Γÿ║.. since my last video gained 1k views. I want to speak and show myself in front of camera, coz I want to talk about life, motivation and inspiration..but I am introvert and too shy.. what I have to do?? Please help me thank you!!

Hey there donΓÇÖt stress, you wonΓÇÖt be the only one that gets all giddy in front of the camera, take me for example, I absolutely shuddered at the thought of having to go on camera to make my content, especially since IΓÇÖm nothing stunning to admire, and I look like a human version of a badly designed horse (no offense to horses).

But instead of focusing on what I look like, because I just donΓÇÖt care about that anyways, I just thought ΓÇ£IΓÇÖm just gonna go on camera, make a few crappy videos then put them on and see what comes backΓÇ¥. Well, half a year later, with 106 subs, and 44 videos, I get nothing but likes (got 2 dislikes recently, but so what), I get great comments and everyone that watches my stuff compliments how great my work is, which means IΓÇÖve succeeded in making everyone focus on my work (I do oil paintings on my channel), and not so much on my hideous face, but in order to grow better and give viewers more of a human connection, I decided to just get over the whole ΓÇ£too shy to be on cameraΓÇ¥ and just got out my comfort zone to make my content, rather than hiding behind the camera.

In short, go outside the comfort zone, do things you normally wouldnΓÇÖt, break the shyness and just get yourself in front of your audience.

You can do it :):blush:

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal

IΓÇÖm shy as well. I actually find the best way to get into the ΓÇ£ΓÇÿon cameraΓÇ¥ persona is to have a video chat with a friend before recording. That way youΓÇÿre used to talking out loud without necessarily anyone being there. I also find just having talks and what not without stressing about the recording side, can sometimes make you ΓÇ£forgetΓÇ¥ youΓÇÖre recording which should make you less shy. And just have key points. Record more than you need so that you have multiple options to go with when editing might also help relax you a bit as well instead of stressing about presenting ΓÇ£rightΓÇ¥

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I can relate. When I made my first video where I was the focus of the camera it was terrifying. But I started to get used to it after a few videos. I'm not an introvert but I am extremely shy. I use an app called Twitch Sings where I do karaoke videos for Twitch with my camera on to get used to not just putting my face out there but also to be silly, funny and comfortable with singing and thus talking. Sadly the app is gonna go offline on Jan 2021 but I'll keep using it till then.

Dina_ Di

Subscriber Goal

Same:((

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
It can be tough... I have a lot of experience on camera and am very comfortable as a public speaker as well. That having been said I still shy way from talking on camera, particularly when i am around other people. The key for you and @Dina_ Di to focus on should be simply filming as much as you can.

We have a saying in the hunting/fishing industry... in order to be good at something you gotta be 'knee deep in shells.' For YouTube creators I would rephrase this as being 'knee deep in videos.' You just gotta do it until it becomes common for you. Make lots of videos. Film yourself until you've done it so many times that it isn't as embarassing any more.

In the beginning few days and weeks it will be cringey. You gotta do it any way. Suffer through the cringe in order to improve. It is far better to do so with the smaller audience that you currently have than it is to try and start talking on camera when you have 10,000 subscribers.

Dina_ Di

Subscriber Goal
It can be tough... I have a lot of experience on camera and am very comfortable as a public speaker as well. That having been said I still shy way from talking on camera, particularly when i am around other people. The key for you and @Dina_ Di to focus on should be simply filming as much as you can.

We have a saying in the hunting/fishing industry... in order to be good at something you gotta be 'knee deep in shells.' For YouTube creators I would rephrase this as being 'knee deep in videos.' You just gotta do it until it becomes common for you. Make lots of videos. Film yourself until you've done it so many times that it isn't as embarassing any more.

In the beginning few days and weeks it will be cringey. You gotta do it any way. Suffer through the cringe in order to improve. It is far better to do so with the smaller audience that you currently have than it is to try and start talking on camera when you have 10,000 subscribers.
Thank u

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB