• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Affiliate Question Give a 30-DAY FREE TRIAL to your Audience, that includes your AFFILIATE LINK

youtubeblastoff

This is a great idea to be able to offer the free trial and still have it linked to our affiliate code. The only problem or question I have is about the coupon codes. There are coupon codes people can use to save money when they buy TubeBuddy. With the free trial option, it seems like if they don't cancel it just automatically turns into a paid subscription without the ability for anyone to use a coupon code. Can they still someone use a coupon code to save money if they decide to keep a paid version after the free trial? Otherwise this doesn't seem very good to me and I wouldn't recommend it to any of my followers. I'd have to tell them to do the free trial then cancel, then resign up to enter the coupon code. Some coupons save users up to 50%. I don't want my audience to have to miss out on that.

Reactions: RobBalasabas
OP
OP
RobBalasabas

RobBalasabas

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This is a great idea to be able to offer the free trial and still have it linked to our affiliate code. The only problem or question I have is about the coupon codes. There are coupon codes people can use to save money when they buy TubeBuddy. With the free trial option, it seems like if they don't cancel it just automatically turns into a paid subscription without the ability for anyone to use a coupon code. Can they still someone use a coupon code to save money if they decide to keep a paid version after the free trial? Otherwise this doesn't seem very good to me and I wouldn't recommend it to any of my followers. I'd have to tell them to do the free trial then cancel, then resign up to enter the coupon code. Some coupons save users up to 50%. I don't want my audience to have to miss out on that.

Hi Rich, it's completely up to our individual affiliate partners to share whichever option/deal that they'd like to share with their audience. These options are here for our affiliate partners to select from. Whether it's the discount code, or the free trial option. Everyone's audiences are different, and react better to different offers. We, at TubeBuddy, don't force our users to use any specific deal over the other, or any deal at that :) I hope that helps. Cheers.

Juanma

juanma.tube
Subscriber Goal
Oops! Unfortunately I don't see this working. I have tried with my affiliate URL in a hidden browser and it only leads to the signup page, it doesn't show the 30 days free period anywhere.... am I doing something wrong?

OP
OP
RobBalasabas

RobBalasabas

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Oops! Unfortunately I don't see this working. I have tried with my affiliate URL in a hidden browser and it only leads to the signup page, it doesn't show the 30 days free period anywhere.... am I doing something wrong?
Hi @Juanma that's the correct workflow for now. When people click on the link, they are asked to sign-up to their Google Account connected to YouTube, and then they'll get to the next screen where they can select the free trial option that they prefer.

Reactions: Juanma
OP
OP
RobBalasabas

RobBalasabas

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
  • Wow
Reactions: Calla isla

Calla isla

Subscriber Goal
How i know if the link that tubebuddy gave to me is working??my friends that want to install or download the apps using my link they said cant use it must go to playstore direct

kent_kent

Hello, it seems like it's not working today.

Attachments

• 737994C4-1EA6-4949-AE63-AC0A92ADFB02.png
    737994C4-1EA6-4949-AE63-AC0A92ADFB02.png
    604.5 KB · Views: 234

kent_kent

Hey there, it looks like you need to add a channel to your TubeBuddy account first. If you have any further questions, please be sure to look for the answer in TubeBuddy Questions or email us at support@TubeBuddy.com. Thanks!
I created a new Gmail account and made a YouTube channel to test it. I tried many possible ways to have the free trial but always failed. Anyway, I contacted the support regarding it.

Reactions: Kathleen

Phil Your Bank

If you'd like to give away a 30-Day Free Trial to your audience, but still connect the sign-up to your TubeBuddy Affiliate link, you can do so by adding your affiliate code to the end of this link:

https://www.tubebuddy.com/freetrial?a=<AFFILIATE-CODE>

So for example, my affiliate code is "ROB", then the link I would share with my audience to give them a 30-Day Free Trial on any TubeBuddy Paid Plan is:

Here's a video that explain this, step-by-step:
TubeBuddy Affiliate 30-Day Free Trial Link

Check out this video: https://share.vidyard.com/watch/HMawkEMjxrXtMaJW5pWXS7?

What happens after 30 days?
If your referral stays on a paid plan after the 30 days, then you will start earning the monthly affiliate commission every month.

Have Questions?
I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please let me us know in this thread or email our team at affiliates@tubebuddy.com

Thanks,
Rob
Partnership Growth Manager, TubeBuddy
Hi Rob, is this Link still working I tried it (I don't want it for myself I'm already subscribing! but tested it and it didn't seem to give me any option for a free trial.

Thanks
Phil

Phil Your Bank

Is this free trial link still working? I'm a subscriber but tried the link with a different email and it didn't seem to offer a free trial?

Cheers
Phil