• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How to get video promoted by YouTube

Kavita Bardia

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi
How to get YouTube promote our video. When we type about particular recipe why donΓÇÖt YouTube give my recipe also in suggestions. It will help to get people aware about we need joiners work too.

Reactions: Zuhri Sani Fahmi

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Moved thread as this is not about TubeBuddy. And for the record, not every question asked in the TubeBuddy forums should be asked in TubeBuddy questions. The TubeBuddy questions section should be reserved for questions about the plugin or mobile app itself. This is why we have YouTube discussion, and YouTube strategies section. If a question is more acout content and niche (for example, cooking) then it's better to ask in strategies.

YouTube will promote videos with high audience retention and watch time. In that regard, it doesn't so much matter what your SEO is (someone can correct me if I'm wrong) it's about how much of your video was watched, then it takes SEO into consideration such as the keywords, if it's focused more towards cooking and food, they'll try pushing your video into other areas, then it's up to your title and thumbnail to be clicked.

Getting promoted/suggested doesn't gurentee a click, simply that it might be seen by more potential audiences, you still have to win the click with a good compelling title and thumbnail.

Good videos get watched longer, videos that get watched longer get promoted more.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Watchtime... plain and simple. Of course you want a killer thumbnail so that it entices people to click. But watchtime, that is what it is all about. If you want YouTube to suggest your content give them content that brings them the watchtime they want. If your video gets 75% retention and directs the majority of viewers to other videos which causes those viewers to share the video on social media and binge-watch ten more hours of videos on YouTube you will get promoted by youTube.

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
Need to clarify one thing: Youtube promotes all videos that have been cleared out by their system (for hate, copyright, etc). They don't stop promoting your video.

You need to do some promotion, too. Get your videos watched and talked about on someone's popular blog, and you'll see what I mean.

I typed in a couple recipes you had, and it showed up in search. Try adding "Best", "Delicious", "My Favorite", or other passionate words to your title.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
@Beanie Draws You didnt mention about CTR, which is also somewhat important along with Retention.
Well, CTR would naturally be fairly high, but in this regard I feel watch time is more important than the CTR. Maybe I'm wrong in that regard, maybe every time a video is seen it needs to be clicked as well as watched all the way. That would make sense.

OP
OP
K

Kavita Bardia

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Need to clarify one thing: Youtube promotes all videos that have been cleared out by their system (for hate, copyright, etc). They don't stop promoting your video.

You need to do some promotion, too. Get your videos watched and talked about on someone's popular blog, and you'll see what I mean.

I typed in a couple recipes you had, and it showed up in search. Try adding "Best", "Delicious", "My Favorite", or other passionate words to your title.
Thanks for guiding

dcrafted

TubeBuddy User
www.dcrafted.com
Subscriber Goal
Well, CTR would naturally be fairly high, but in this regard I feel watch time is more important than the CTR. Maybe I'm wrong in that regard, maybe every time a video is seen it needs to be clicked as well as watched all the way. That would make sense.
No you are not at all wrong ! Better CTR sends good signals and YouTube promotes it well too_Of Course YouTube algorithm is mix of everything Watchtime CTR etc so everything counts.

Reactions: Kavita Bardia

Tanduaydancer

Hi Everybody, my question is. Am i better off promoting my top videos, too get more popular and get my channel ranked better? or promote struggling videos

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi Everybody, my question is. Am i better off promoting my top videos, too get more popular and get my channel ranked better? or promote struggling videos
Struggling videos generally are struggling for a reason. WHAT is the reason for the video not performing well? Look at the audience retention. If the average view duration of the video is low, then there's no point promoting it seems people aren't watching it throughout anyway, and that's got less to do with the seo and whatever, and more to do with video and topic quality, with promotion isn't going to solve, not for the most part.

You're better "promoting" your top videos, but if you say "promoting" as in buying ads, be careful of that, if you don't know what you're doing in terms of promotion (and asking this makes me think you're new to promotion) then I'd suggest not worrying about promotion because you might just end up wasting money. But if you mean non spammy sharing, sharing on your twitter or whatever, if it's allowed and free, go with your best performing videos.

The better way to go though, is just make MORE videos like your best performing video :)