• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Should you plug your twitch url in youtube video descriptions?

Lotuz

So, is it common knowledge or suspected that youtube cuts awareness on videos if you plug twitch.tv urls in the description? As a gaming youtuber that makes discussion and argumentative videos/news videos, I tend to try to plug my livestream because twitch brings more revenue and a better connection to my audience.

But something always gets me. Should I? Should I mention my twitch on the videos or actually link it in the description? Is there any evidence that youtube will cut your reach if you do it?

Reactions: SoyManuelMedina

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Purely anecdotal. I just went and checked and every streamer I watch on twitch and YouTube have their twitch in their YouTube description. None put it in the video title. All hide the twitch overlay and chat.

Take a look at Cyx, KarQ and FitzyHere. All Overwatch streamers with over 100k subscribers.

Reactions: Lotuz
OP
OP
Lotuz

Lotuz

Purely anecdotal. I just went and checked and every streamer I watch on twitch and YouTube have their twitch in their YouTube description. None put it in the video title. All hide the twitch overlay and chat.

Take a look at Cyx, KarQ and FitzyHere. All Overwatch streamers with over 100k subscribers.

I think we can't go much further than anectodal with this question ahahaha I'm sorry, that was nice, thanks for the input!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
YouΓÇÖre allowed to put youΓÇÖre twitch url in your description and mention it in your video so long as the purpose of the video isnΓÇÖt to take people off platform. Linus Tech Tips I believe got a community guidelines strike for making a video specifically to advertise an upcoming stream they had planned (few years ago now)

If the purpose of the video is to provide entertainment on YouTube, and you happen to mention twitch, thatΓÇÖs fine. People need to be careful of these things because you can unintentionally get into trouble. Such as asking people to use an affiliate link to ΓÇ£ΓÇÿhelp my channelΓÇ¥ which is also against certain website terms of service.

Ill also mention that Mike Shinoda uploads his twitch replays onto YouTube without any editing. But they are replay value and he started his streams multi streaming to YouTube and twitch with the same format and overlays,

JackSepticEye uploads replays (edited down) of his among us sessions. Again. As long as the video is focused on entertainment of the viewer and not just purely advertising twitch, youΓÇÖre fine.

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
As long as you have a good description, tags, hashtags, and the one link to Twitch, you're fine. Feed the infrastructure, first. Promote the socials. Keep the external links under 15, and you're fine.