• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question what's everyone's biggest headache on Youtube?

oceansofflame

Very curious - what is everyone else struggling with the very most as a Youtuber?

For me, it's really just getting 1k subscribers. UGH even with decent content my friends say is good.

Would love to hear others' pains and frustrations as we may all run into the same headaches.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
It used to be channel growth. I am not good at promoting it, because I do not want to spam it everywhere. I still am growing very slowly, I just no longer worry about it.

My channel is in a small niche, the "big" channels are barely able to hit 40k subs, I am still trying to hit 4k... I think my content is as good, or better, than some others in my niche, but I have been unable to really get much traction. I do not know why, and am just going with the flow.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Editing without a doubt. I would say consistency, but my consistency issues are due to me simply not being all that keen on editing. Subs and growth have never been much of a concern to me... it's getting my content out in a way that's interesting to anyone other than me that's always the challenge for me.

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Comparing myself to others. I find it so demotivating (so I don't know why I still do it) when I see other creators saying things like "I've been on the platform for 3 months and I've only got 5k subs, what am I doing wrong?". If they think that kind of growth is doing it wrong then I shouldn't be on YouTube anymore, in fact, I shouldn't even watch YouYube anymore!
It's hard knowing how much time and effort I put into my videos and yet I'm still not growing as quickly as I expected. When I started my channel I thought I'd easily be at 1000 subs within a year, and I'm not even close after 2 years! However, I learned so much after joining a creator group in May and I can see where I went wrong for the first 18 months.
I've seen this type of question before and it's really interesting to see that creators kind of go through stages depending on their size < 1000 subs want growth (usually so they can monetise). 1k-10k subs want views (to start making the money). 10k-20k subs want to improve on last month's analytics (in competition with themselves). 20k+ subs are comfortable with their growth and want self-improvement like learning new skills to improve their videos and keep viewers happy/watching longer. 100k+ subs are after the views again (because a lot are now full-time YouTubers who rely on the money). 500k+ subs - motivation can start to wain, they've been at this a while and ideas might be drying up or they are burning out. 1m+ is all about pressure and perfection - they have to have great content every time, be consistent (fans get cranky when they miss an upload), they are usually pretty well known in their niche and have to be very careful not to do or say something wrong for fear of being annihilated on the web, fear that they could be 'over' tomorrow.
:thinking:

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I'm struggling with pulling in my existing audience. I ran a test on one of my videos and posted it native (versus linked) on LinkedIn. On LinkedIn - 580 views in 2 days. On YouTube - 38 views in 2 days. Same exact video.

My native LinkedIn content still does 10x to 100x (100x is not a typo) the views on LinkedIn. When I ask people they simply don't have Google accounts, and thus no way to subscribe on YouTube. Or they think YouTube is for "personal" content and not professional content.

The struggle is real...

Growing Up Walls

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
growingupwalls.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm tied between not having enough audience to really get value from my analytics yet, and editing - I'm struggling to find the right program (DaVinci Resolve looks like it might not be a good fit) and how to use my computer to its best advantage (there's a SSD and a HD, and everything seems so slow).

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Time is a big one... i wish there were 30 hours in a day. I do a fishing vlog that is HIGHLY dependent on weather and seasonal windows. So scheduling filming around work, family, holidays etc is super difficult.

I used to stress more about the metrics... subscribers, watchtime etc and can assure you that this will pass. You want to see a return on the work you put into your channel and there is nothing wrong with that. The problem is that early on you don't have access to the more meaningful returns. Sub counts mean very little in todays landscape, it's a vanity metric. Just wait until that first person visits and leaves a paragraph thanking you for your work or that first kid recognizes you in public. The first time someone on social media makes a post with your merchandise and tags you excitedly or when someone you admire/emulate leaves a comment on a video.

Aspirin or Tylenol should bottle THAT feeling

• Love
Reactions: SILTHW

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
For me it was just simply getting my content made, edited, and uploaded, getting it done around my babyΓÇÖs unpredictable schedule, the fact that I could be filming then a second later I find myself with my daughter in my arms seeking food and fun, often with a half finished painting and gear everywhere :laughing: but itΓÇÖs a journey IΓÇÖve enjoyed so far :)

Last edited:

SonicNebula

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
competition. lol well just being honest. my channel, niche if you will it is very competitive and being the new fish. I can see it being hard to grow. However I noticed a few weaknesses. I just need to build up my video count and artists. Anyways. It just takes time and a lot of uploading. and not give up. I realize this. also TB SEO is a god sent. thanks TB. I constantly get copyright claims i just submit a link to a jpg showing they gave me full consent. im use to that screen very much :p

• Love
Reactions: oceansofflame

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I actually get actual headaches quite a lot but I don't think it's because of my YouTube channel and the work I put into it.

For me though when it comes to youtube I think it's continuing to make videos that do well while sticking to similar content already on my channel. This past week or so I made this video series related to a game I play and all those videos did REALLY well( most got 3000-4000 views in their first day, some even more than that and I got like 150 subscribers within the week). But now the game content I've been making the videos to expired, and something new in the game is there for this month so I'm trying to figure out how to make similar content so I can stick to those type of videos.

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
It's the switch from a physical classroom to YouTube. I am constantly trying different delivery techniques but testing them on YT is such an inexact science that judging the results is virtually impossible with such a small exposure.
But hey, it is for the most part fun trying, so I think the apt quote here is "Just keep swimming" :)

Welcome to Gaming

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
At the minute it's the live aspect, they just changed it all again and it confused the hell out of me. Also, has anyone else noticed that livestream processing to a VOD takes forever now?!? Why does it take so long for this to happen on YouTube when on Twitch your VODS are available as soon as you finish streaming?

SonicNebula

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
It's the switch from a physical classroom to YouTube. I am constantly trying different delivery techniques but testing them on YT is such an inexact science that judging the results is virtually impossible with such a small exposure.
But hey, it is for the most part fun trying, so I think the apt quote here is "Just keep swimming" :)
This is also the beauty of it. everyone is different everyone learns and teaches different this is an amazing opportunity to teach how you want to teach and find an audience that resonates or connects to that teaching.You are professional YT already in a lot of ways. May I suggest a wild idea though? be yourself and teach how you want to teach. I think you might come up with some amazing ideas. Unique ideas in fact. maybe try experiments of teaching not to find hits but find the ones you get the most comments and responses from. those people are the ones that are going to keep coming back to watch more...... and I believe I could be wrong if YT changed their goal. but view time is what is the most important, did that change?

Pips

www.Coffeewithpips.com
Subscriber Goal
My biggest frustration is that YouTube doesn't have a food category, I don't fit into any other category, so I just put people and blogs. I do food reviews, and challenges, etc. And yes, of course, getting to 1,000 seems impossible, but I know it's a slow process, learning as I go along.

SonicNebula

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
My biggest frustration is that YouTube doesn't have a food category, I don't fit into any other category, so I just put people and blogs. I do food reviews, and challenges, etc. And yes, of course, getting to 1,000 seems impossible, but I know it's a slow process, learning as I go along.
I find that so surprising when food is such a big deal on YT. wow. YT needs to add food no joke there. But I can see why they would put it under blogging.