• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Other Social Media Using The Same Screen Name

JessBookgirl75@gmail

Extremely Well-Known Member
Subscriber Goal
With Instagram being very popular and playing an important part to Youtube I wanted to ask these question. Should your Instagram screen name be the same as your Youtube channel? Has it helped you get more subscribers? Did you get more views? Any thoughts?

Reactions: Saviera's World

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I am absolutely not the expert on this, but I can tell you from a "human" perspective that the first thing I do when I'm trying to find someone's instagram or twitter is use their name from whatever other platform I know them from. It is right more often than not. So maybe?

Reactions: Ellspressions

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
With Instagram being very popular and playing an important part to Youtube I wanted to ask these question. Should your Instagram screen name be the same as your Youtube channel? Has it helped you get more subscribers? Did you get more views? Any thoughts?

I think for ease of knowing it could be vey benficial I use AndrewKanFilm on all because Andrew Kan is taken, and I like film :)

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'd claim your channel name on instagram as quickly as you can before someone else claims it. If you already have an established account, you can actually change the @ handle, but this will break all tags and mentions you've had. But at an early stage it's a trade off I'd take.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I do not know if it helps you gain any subs... but I use the same name for continuity of identity. My IG and FB are linked so I want them the same. Twitter is technically linked as well but I never go look at it... IG just posts automatically to all 3 for me (I hate twitter ha ha).

My social media is just to promote my channel, so I want them all to have the same name. Also, it is good to get the name so no one else takes it and pretends to be you. I did not think of that at the time, but it sounds good.

Ellspressions

Subscriber Goal
I think things that follow the same brand concept should have the same name identity for ease: nothing worse than trying to find something and getting lost in the social media maze lol...

But if for example, you have different things going on- ex. You have a YouTube for just your general fun and vlog, but you also have a business on Instagram, they don't need to be the same name and probably shouldn't be the same name; they serve different purposes and may target different audiences...

That's my personal opinion

Saviera's World

Subscriber Goal
My Youtube name is the same as my IG only difference is I cant put ('s) on IG. but its very similar. hope this helps.

Reactions: Owen Salisbury

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
While I can understand your interest in wondering if Instagram can help your YouTube channel grow by using the same names on all your Social Media/Content Creating accounts, you should treat each as a separate form of content. Diversify your content so that on the off chance one of the services was to say bye bye (Like TikTok) you can always have another service to fall back on to continue creating content. Therefore, focus more on your subscribers/followers on each account individual more than whether they can help each other grow. The second part will happen automatically for those looking to see more of your content on other platforms.

Owen Salisbury

TubeBuddy Legend
www.owensalisbury.com
Subscriber Goal
I have very little experience in this but I would say its a good idea to have them the same or at least something similar like you could take the TV off of your name and use it but if it was completely random then it will be harder to convince others to go over to the other accounts

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I use the same screen name for everything so I don't have to remember several different screen names when signing in to things, or telling people what my screen name is for a certain platform. This means that I use the same screen name for YouTube, my youtube's twitter page, and even gaming screen names of games I play. The name could differ slightly because there's a chance that "Legacy" on it's own had already been taken, so I'll add some numbers to it. I don't have a FaceBook page for my YouTube channel because I use FaceBook just for keeping up with friends and family, so I do not use my screen name on that. Overall, I think that being consistent with your screen name across platforms can help viewers recognize who you are without having to remember several different screen names for the same person.