• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

LinkedIn More on LinkedIn, analytics and driving traffic to YouTube

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
Note - this is an experiment in progress, but I wanted to share early findings.

If you've seen my posts, you know I'm am shifting from public speaking to releasing content on YouTube. Part of the journey for me is capturing my old audience and shifting them to YouTube viewers and subscribers.

As an experiment I released the same video on YouTube and promoted it on LinkedIn and Twitter, and then uploaded it directly to LinkedIn. The view count is radically different. Like order of magnitude different. The direct-to-linkedin version. The most immediate conclusion is that my LinkedIn connections just simply don't use YouTube that much.

Over the next few episodes I'm going to try some specific tactics to see if I can push the LinkedIn audience over to YouTube. If anyone has thoughts on experiments to try in order to do so, I'd love to hear from you.

Oh, and on analytics and why LinkedIn may be useful for others. Since you must be logged in to view LinkedIn content, you get extensive analytics on the viewer's employer, role and location. This is a level of detail that you can't get via YouTube analytics. .

LiquidOcelot

TubeBuddy User
I have seen your content and it is directly related to topics of "Career Development" and the audience at linkedin surely would love to engage with this type of content. May be try to do a live stream as well over at linkedin and youtube simultaneously this might give double traffic to both of these social media avenues and build your audience further restream.io perhaps. Please keep sharing updates on your journey would love to see your progression/growth.

• Love
Reactions: SILTHW
OP
OP
SILTHW

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
I have seen your content and it is directly related to topics of "Career Development" and the audience at linkedin surely would love to engage with this type of content. May be try to do a live stream as well over at linkedin and youtube simultaneously this might give double traffic to both of these social media avenues and build your audience further restream.io perhaps. Please keep sharing updates on your journey would love to see your progression/growth.
I've been pushing towards doing a livestream once I finish the episodes on culture. Had not thought about multi-streaming, and I really appreciate that suggestion!

• Love
Reactions: LiquidOcelot
OP
OP
SILTHW

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
Yeah! I don't think people click on youtube videos more often, especially on LinkedIn. People often use it for professional tasks and nothing else.
Actually, my video content does very well on LinkedIn as long as I post it native. It usually drives 10x+ more views on LinkedIn. But that is mostly due to my niche.