• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice How do i make my viewers to sub to my channel? I have 4.8k watch hours but just 198subs in the last 4 months.

ClipxHub

Subscriber Goal
I need suggestions How do i make my viewers to subscribe to my channel after watching a video? I use end screens and subscribe buttons but it seems it's not working.
I started last four months and i have 4.8k watch hours but just 198 subscribers.

PSX_20200912_120908.jpg

residentcasuals

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The question I want to ask is; is your sub count growing? If you are consistently gaining subs then there is nothing to worry about. In fact so far as my research goes having loads of subs isn't as important as views. Some subs are just deadwood and don't have any viewer retention so they're meaningless. So long as your subs are viewing your channel and you are getting new views and subs with each upload/week etc. Then I say it's only a matter of time before you are happy with your figs.

Keep up with what you are doing though man, congrats.

Reactions: MiddleofKnowhere

Happyday luro

Subscriber Goal
Congratulations dear on the watch hours I really envy you , don't worry with subscribers with time your viewers will turn subscribers...kudos to you . Weldon

Jarvis Phan

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
You're definitely doing something right that's how you logged the hours. Just keep uploading and it'll get there! It just takes time. Good luck!

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'm more or less with you. I'm 900 hours away from 4k mark in a 365 day period. I've gained 188 subs over that same period as well. I've been getting more and more views and am not getting a lot of subs. It kind of disheartening. I'm going to keep going though. It's sometimes hard to stay positive when you see one channel you follow go from 5k to 27k subs in a 9 months. Makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong. I'm constantly trying to improve my craft though.

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
I started last four months and i have 4.8k watch hours but just 198 subscribers.

You don't give enough information

How many videos is that?

If you only have one or a few videos - many people may love your content but not sub until you have a lot more videos...

I mean - is it worth subbing to a channel with very few videos

Also what type of videos... as the name ClipxHub suggests you may just be throwing up other people's clips... and I would think that may be very easy to make loads of videos - but it would be harder to actually get monetised anyway... and maybe as there is less 'personality' in the clip type channel - it might take longer to get subs.

By longer I mean... if you had a 'real' channel putting out 'to face' videos about stuff - by the time they got 4k hours you would expect them to have hit far more than 1k subs... rather than if you had a 'clip' churning channel... that might get loads of views and then take a little longer to get the subs

If you are a clip channel - just keep churing out the videos - as you are already 1/5 of the way there - and it should get quicker and easier the more videos you drop

Though it may be tougher to get monetised than just hitting those numbers. I would love to know, if someone was just collecting clips and putting videos up, if it really is that easy [hit the numbers] and get monitized ... as YouTube is very keen on not promoting reused material...

Anyway - you would need to give more information for people to give you good advice

But getting that view time, and those subs, in four months - is amazingly good. So you have done far better than I guess most everyone else who has gone onto YouTube. Easily top percentile... well done x

Reactions: AussieBangerz

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Since your videos seems to be other peoples work and not your own you most likely wont get monetized because of the copyright/reused content.

Reactions: AussieBangerz
Great Job for having that many watch hours! Don’t worry anytime you are consistently focused on something it will pay off...Write on a piece of paper everyday the number of subscribers you want... and tuck it way somewhere... ask, believe, recieve. Much Luck to you!❤️

The question I want to ask is; is your sub count growing? If you are consistently gaining subs then there is nothing to worry about. In fact so far as my research goes having loads of subs isn't as important as views. Some subs are just deadwood and don't have any viewer retention so they're meaningless. So long as your subs are viewing your channel and you are getting new views and subs with each upload/week etc. Then I say it's only a matter of time before you are happy with your figs.

Keep up with what you are doing though man, congrats.
That is really good insight! Thank you!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
End screens and cards are not a guaranteed way to grow your sub count. There are no "guaranteed" ways to get people to subscribe, but there are strategies you can use.

First, you have to make sure people watch enough of your video in the first place. If you have 5% audience retention, that means only 5% of people are even going to see your end card in the first place.

Second. How good is the video? Is it worth subscribing to? Subscriptions are up to the viewer weather they're going to subscribe or not. I don't subscribe to people "just because". their videos have to be interesting to me, and I typically won't subscribe until I've seen 5 videos I really enjoy. If a video starts off begging for subscribers, I'm just going to close the video and never subscribe. BUT If you tell what you're going to give me in terms of video value, I might consider it. That's called your value proposition, and it's good to have that at the start of the video. So depending on your niche, say you play fortnite, maybe try starting with "This channel shows you the best ways to win in fortnite, so if you want to improve your gaming skills, subscribe to never miss a video"

So seems you have the watch time hours, evidently people ARE watching, but not subscribing, so you need to make your call to action at the start more compelling.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Fantastic advice above. As usual Beanie really nailed it. I would emphasize the point that in order to get someone to subscribe you need to give them a compelling reason to do so.
.getting someone to watch your videos isn't all that hard. A clever thumbnail, some SEO research and a creatuve enough bit of content and anyone will give you sone view time. But getting subscribers is literally the art if getting those viewers to return for more.
There are plenty of ways to do that, who knows which way would work for your channel but i challenge you to be mindful of the things that other people in your space do to keep you coming back and try to mimic that value in some way. Endscreens and cards are tools for this, but a tool is only as good as the skill behind it. Master the value of getting people to the endscreens and clicking on those next videos and you will have something very special.

Uncle Momo

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I need suggestions How do i make my viewers to subscribe to my channel after watching a video? I use end screens and subscribe buttons but it seems it's not working.

View attachment 7424
I would be very interested to know how you managed to achieve that amount of views in that short amount of time

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
After looking at the videos, the content isn't even necessarily yours, as you didn't film any of it, which could be in violation of copyright. Unless you're trying to claim some kind of journalistic approach but this is very weak considering you're not providing any actual journalistic activity. You're uploading videos from other people/sources, not really providing commentary, or anything inciteful that would make people want to subscribe. You're just posting random videos of things that have happened. The content is also all over the place, which I guess is okay considering the clips are on a variety of topics. There's no real incentive to subscribe IMO based on what is being displayed. I see it maybe being suggested on my feed, or FB, go to it, watch, and leave.

If you look at the videos with thousands of views and cross-reference with the release then they probably coincide with the event, like the lebanon explosion. The 122k watched video probably coincides with the event and the person involved whoever Harry Maguire is (I've no idea who he is, but I guess he's popular).

My point is, you'll get the views and time needed, but I see no way to get that 1k quick subs by just reposting other content, and if you do, well you gamed the system.

LushModz

Subscriber Goal
I would make a Instagram, Snapchat, twitter, Facebook, and base your account on your YouTube channel, and in your video description, you can link them. Now that is done on your social media account I would post my YouTube video thumbnails for not only YouTube people can see your content but people across the world on Instagram and more would see it if you put your video tags on the Instagram post to get the people around your topic. You will see you will grow every day on your channel and finding people who like fortnite for example. Also, tell your friends about your channel and tell them to tell others to help you out along the way, before you know it in 1 week you will have 1,000 subscribers.

V_Ball

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
that amazing you can get public hour watch,

this is the hardest thing to get,

it means you already get interest from viewer to watch your video,

LiquidOcelot

TubeBuddy User
You have done the hardest part which is getting those 4k hours watch time those too not taking 12 months nooo it took you a mere 4 months only to achieve this improbable feat. Now all you have to do is sit down and make a strategy involving only and only CTA (Call to action) on your upcoming videos. When some one clicks on your video after 5 seconds do a verbal CTA (please subscribe to my youtube channel and hit that bell icon) say it at the start of the video. Additionally add branding subscribe button on all your videos which will show up on bottom right of your videos a clickable subscribe button on each of your videos. Last but not the least try to add motion graphics a mouse cursor hitting the subscribe button green screen some where you can find creative commons all over youtube and other places as well free to download and reuse just learn to add them.
Bonus tip would be well be desperate and hungry as well and do Call to action in real life to family and friends and even co workers. Dont just tell people to do so but infact tell them to pick there cell phones and subscribe to your channel ask them to trust me you will see results intantly this last way. And additionally if i were you i would be looking for a shoutout from any influencer that you are in close contact with a friend or family member. Just be desperate and doors will open for you cause you just need a mere max 800 subscribers and that surely is easier to achieve than what you already achieved if you ask me.
If you ask me and if i were to be you with such results i would hold a banner saying Subscribe to me please in a street somewhere with lots of people with a huge jar of cookies; so if some one came up i would tell them to subscribe to my channel and show proof once done i would hand them a cookie haha just joking man just keep the grind going good things are gonna happen soon.