• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Vertical Video Trailer. Is this too car orientated?

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
User name: EnglishwithLiz
Title of thread: Vertical Video Trailer. Is this too car orientated?
Self review: I wanted to try a Vertical Video trailer as a way of advertising an up and coming English lesson on car vocabulary. I have made it mildly entertaining but I think it should be more focussed on English vocab, but if I do that then it could be more 'boring' and not reach the wider audience that vertical videos at the moment can reach. At the moment it is unlisted as another concern is that it could confuse my existing subscribers
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/NojLxWNH6rU

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/32118/

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
OK, I honestly chuckled.

Because of the style, my thought is do a short pause/freeze for each title. Just a few beats. So you (pause) "Teacher Liz", steering wheel (pause) "steering wheel", etc. That will give it that "action movie" feeling.

Reactions: EnglishwithLiz
OP
OP
EnglishwithLiz

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Because of the style, my thought is do a short pause/freeze for each title. Just a few beats. So you (pause) "Teacher Liz", steering wheel (pause) "steering wheel", etc. That will give it that "action movie" feeling.

That's a great idea, I think I will try that, just to see what it looks like.

OK, I honestly chuckled.

This is my dilema, you enjoyed it, but would someone trying to learn English? Is it worth the risk of upsetting my existing audience?

OP
OP
EnglishwithLiz

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
It seems like a good experiment. Worst case you take the video private and move on.
I think you are right, but it could be a trailer to nowhere, as I filmed the main lesson and on review it is more of a car review than an English lesson. However it was a good learning experience as it was the first time I have made a video out of the 'studio' and it was full of practical challenges.

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I think you are right, but it could be a trailer to nowhere, as I filmed the main lesson and on review it is more of a car review than an English lesson. However it was a good learning experience as it was the first time I have made a video out of the 'studio' and it was full of practical challenges.
It looked like you had fun. That came across well!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm kind of wondering why you went with a vertical format, and it was kind of hard for me to follow along for the first half of the video. It was fun in some areas, such as the car, but then there was a lot going on in terms of text that it got a bit overwhelming in terms of reading. I'm not a big fan of reading when watching videos which kind of makes me feel like this video was intended to be on tiktok or instagram stories perhaps?
This is my dilema, you enjoyed it, but would someone trying to learn English? Is it worth the risk of upsetting my existing audience?
I took special English in school, and I'm still a slow reader, so if I was wanting to learn English, unfortunately it goes far too fast for me to read and follow, I found it overwhelming and perhaps your audience might too.
I think your gut feeling is correct on this one. Among your other videos this one tends to make me question why this video is on your channel and if you meant it for another platform that focuses on mobile vertical formats.