• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Why did you start a YouTube Channel?

Jon100

Initially as side hustle. I had been learning all about affiliate marketing and knew I needed to pick a platform to be present on. The one that scared me the most was youtube. So I went for that. I had everything to gain.

After that I took fulfilment from so many other aspects of youtube and its become part of my life.

EscapingTheBubble

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Like everyone, the Pandemic of 2020 changed our perspective on the big picture of life. My husband (Matt) is an Airline Captain and opted to take six months off with 1/2 pay to avoid company-wide layoffs for newer hires. Travel has always been in our blood, but during 2020 as schools shut down, we decided to world school our children. We set off with no itinerary to Croatia and later found ourselves in Italy and the Dominican Republic. We kept our plans fluid and set off wherever we saw the next adventure. People have always come to us for travel suggestions, and when Lonely Planet caught wind of our travels, they published an article on us. During this time, we felt inspired to share our trips with a broader audience who yearned for adventure and a positive perspective when the world seemed so dim. Our family's experiences together were incredible and further ignited our passion for sharing a world where safe travel was possible. We met so many locals who welcomed us and treated us like family yearning for tourism to return that we often got choked up. We discovered a new community of people, like most of you, who have a deep passion for sharing and inspiring people. Matt has since returned to flying, but we will forever share our collective travel knowledge with the Youtube world.

Tom's Backyard Chats

TubeBuddy User
I started it to help those interested in topics like Survival And Prepper Information, Tips & How ToΓÇÖs, Emergency Preparation, Prepping, Food Hauls, Food Shortages, & Backyard Projects. Plus its a lot of fun and I love the challenge.

Reactions: YorkshireRose

YorkshireRose

Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖm interested in nostalgia, especially as my mum is in her 90ΓÇÖs. I wanted to help her remember happy times and loved ones. I wanted to use my dadΓÇÖs old cine films as a base, but to also include other people to give it a wider base. So I have started making a few videos. TheyΓÇÖre very popular with some Facebook groups. Makes me want to make more.

masadityaro

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The reason I create a Youtube channel is I want to share my positive experience to other people

Bruiser

Subscriber Goal
I created my first channel almost exactly seven years ago because I had (and still have) a passion for one of my several hobbies, airsoft. It's super fun, and it's even more fun recording while I'm doing so! I haven't uploaded in a long while due to being stationed in places that didn't have airsoft, so I will be getting back into it very soon! As for my new vlogging channel, I figured I may as well record and make videos of the other fun stuff I do! I am always traveling, going to bowling tournaments, hiking, camping, and so much more. Overall, I started for keeping those memories!

Local Sunset Videos

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Why did you start a YouTube Channel?
I accidentally started my youtube channel because I have videos stocks in my phone gallery and dont know what to do. Re-watched it and imagine how beautiful it is so and Im encourage my self to make a youtube channel. I dont think the youtube for money at first time. I just wanna share my shots, my videos to every body. Besides, recently I feel like my youtube theme is not popular market in my nearby so why dont I create the market so that people nearby can enjoy it together.

Falone's world

Subscriber Goal
Besides the fact that i like sharing my opinions on certain aspects of life. I really want another source of income. I live in Italy and I've been trying to get a good job but it's been difficult. Earning less that a thousand euro makes life difficult for me so I decided to start a youtube channel .

groovy horrror scifi

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I originally started a youtube channel where I would upload horror stories but it is kind of scrapped now as I struggled to find time.
I recently made around 10 videos where I give out facts about a horror or scifi movie once a week , I have an interest in these genres and it's fun communicating with like minded people because of the vids but I won't lie I do hope I can one.day make a little bit of money to help out my mother then after that I'm not too.fussed , im.not sure whether theres a market for my videos yet (or are they sustainable ) but I'll give a go for a year or two and at least I've tried then and had fun doing so .

Maria Lizey

Right Now, I have completed my Master's Degree. I was looking for a decent job when my friend suggested me to start a YouTube channel. so, it's been a week and I'm looking to grow my channel and earn some money from it.