• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Why did you start a YouTube Channel?

Oliver & Liz

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Like a lot of people, I started my channel during quarantine. I found it was actually a lot of fun plus my kids enjoyed it too, and then I discovered we can eventually make money. Also, I discovered that there are some channels on YouTube kids that set poor examples for kids so I want to set better examples.

Reactions: Cazuu

Katwanderlustdiaries

I started youtube channel because I am homesick. I am living in New Zealand for 5 years and not able to visit Philippines due to covid. I feel depresssed and anxious. So, I started to make youtube channel and iΓÇÖm glad that it helped!

Reactions: Cazuu

PlayerWon391

Main reason I started was because the game that I enjoy playing has several different modes, and the mode that I enjoy most did not really have specific gameplay videos on YouTube, so I thought why not give it a go, its something that I would enjoy watching and I am hoping that I am not the only one that has an interest in it.

venkygaming

Something new and unique way to earn money and fame. I Started for money but in actual im learning a lot from doing youtube. Enhancing my creativity

Amandac17

Subscriber Goal
After 2020 I thought life is too short to not follow my passion! ItΓÇÖs going to be a long road but so happy to be part of the wonderful YouTube world!

Reactions: Maryprecious

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Excellent question. I'm passionate about teaching English despite it not being my first language but I enjoy it a lot and I just wanted to use my channel to encourage non native speakers that love teaching English but are not confident in themselves that it is a beautiful language that is generally accepted by people. They should feel free to teach it, speak it and practice it as it a language generally accepted by people for easy flow of communication. :kissing_heart:

CyberSorcerer

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
masterfreelancer.online
Subscriber Goal
I started my channel because I'm involved in a bet, with an actual billionaire friend, that I can't become a billionaire (net worth) within 15 years. This bet started in mid 2018 then COVID happen. Well the bet is still on, because of how bad the economy is and the number of unemployed people, and those who might have to change career paths and skills, I've decided to document my whole journey and everything I'm doing on YouTube. I have 9 channels in total and all 9 are a part of documenting this journey. I don't want EVERYTHING to be in one channel because it would never grow really since YouTube analytics would things it has no focus at all.

Reactions: Monirajput

darthelvis

TubeBuddy User
www.darthelvis.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
I love performing live and you really need to see my act visually to appreciate everything that is put into it. As I'm based in Scotland and only occasionally get out for shows (especially at the moment), I wanted to grow my YouTube channel with music videos and live performances to get out to a larger audience.

Reactions: Meal with me

KIDisMe

nkri.one
Subscriber Goal
I had to store my daughter's childhood videos somewhere safe and would last longer than my phone and laptop, since I've lost so many precious video files before.

Reactions: Meal with me

MagicFlyinPotato

I have always love gaming and started watching a lot of YT videos when COVID lockdowns were serious in Germany. I love all styles of gaming and started playing new and different ones. When I would get totally stuck I would go to YT and search through a lot of not so good tutorials and help videos. I said to myself, I could do this and if I could make decent help videos for gaming then why not. So it started off as a hobby and since I got back to the States it has grown into more of a passion of learning more and improving my content. It's like another version of a game for me.

Manmeet Sawhney

TubeBuddy User
im a career counselor..my channel has been started to give children more clarity regarding various career options available to them

Extra Stars Academy

Subscriber Goal
PASSION!!! I started out of passion for teaching. My husband tried making me see the financial gain but it was all about passion for me. I write and shoot, he shoots with me and does the editing. One year now, I can edit and shoot well enough. My channel has been monetized, haven't been paid yet but it still isn't for the money but passion. That's what keeps me going. PASSION