• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Why did you start a YouTube Channel?

Jason Song

1) To be financially free - no more 9 to 5 rat race for me!
2) To make money while doing what I love - eating!
3) To support my family
4) To hopefully bring people to Christ through my channel. Not that I preach, but I drop hints that I am Christian. Some people will pick up on that and I want to use my channel to open doors for people to go seek Christ through my content.

Foxy_Andariel

Known Member
TubeBuddy Legend
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
I just love connecting with people and I really love gaming and music <3

SO I started on twitch first and then I thought "why not give YT a go as well?" I am learning so much new stuff and also I'm gonna start singing again and practice and stuff :D so and it's always been a dream do beable to do this stuff and make a living out of it! :D

Naheed

Known Member
www.coupongot.com
Subscriber Goal
Well, there are many who make a Youtube Channel for making some money
,but this is usually not the main reason for me. I started making a Youtube
Channel is to have some fun. Most Youtuber usually started their channel
to have fun, not to make money.

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Well I'll kick this of by giving my reasons

I know I can teach and I love it, so I wanted to see if I could switch from classroom to YT - and what a learning curve it has been! I also wanted a project with my husband that we could work on together. I do the teaching, writing etc and he is on the editing side with us both working on marketing. So far it is working well and bringing us closer together.
The reason I started YouTube was to share motivational/inspirational quotes from motivational/inspitational figure that I admire. From artists, actors, motivational speakers, personal developement coaches, ect... There is always an audience for every type of content.

KS Moto Cafe

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Although I am not very skilled at creating art, my mind was always crowded with creative thoughts. I have a lot of Youtube friendly hobbies such as cooking, fishing, sailing, and camping but last year during the lock-down, I had the time to finally get my motorcycle license and my very first motorcycle. I decided to document my journey as a new rider and see where it takes me. At first, I was not sure about youtubing because I didn't feel like I had the skill to do it but life is always about taking chances, so here I am. Finding a positive community like this always helps because it lightens your mood when you get to share the struggles with people who understand them and also helping out those in need of advice or some positive reinforcements. After doing this for 4 months, I am starting forget why I started but I am constantly reminded why I am continuing it. It is for the viewers that gave me their trust by subscribing and keep coming back to see the content I created for them. It is such a joyful feeling.

Cheers all.

afernandez

Subscriber Goal
I've been making videos for awhile now but sporadically. I started uploading more frequent because of friends always mentioning how much they would like to visit my city. So, I started doing virtual tour/walk videos of my city, Budapest and with some cinematic videos as well. Trying to show people how I see the city through my camera.

I started out of necessity last year, posting videos of lessons and materials for some textbooks I wrote. In the past month or so IΓÇÖve tried to branch out and make a few videos about living in Japan...still learning and have a long way to go, but I really enjoy editing so it seems like a productive way to waste my time!

Yly66

Subscriber Goal
I like to play games, I do this for a very long time and I decided to post them on youtube, I'm new to youtub but I hope i will survive :)

lifeinplastic

lifeinplasticblog.com
Subscriber Goal
I started a YouTube channel because I want to have a voice and a platform in the doll collecting community. I want to promote my hobby and educate people who are interested in doll collecting. I want to help collectors make buying decisions, so I unbox dolls on my channel.

I love interacting with the people in my community. YouTube has made it possible for me to reach more people and to express my creativity in a new way.

TiltedTea

Subscriber Goal
I started my channel to help my SO find something to do during quarantine to help with her building depression and guilt from having to stay home and feel like a drain to her mom. She finished her education in 2020. And you all know how that year went. She's on a laptop so I bought a subscription to WeVideo, an online video editor and started recording and uploading our time playing games for her to edit as I was teaching her how to edit aswell. I'd really love for the channel to take off and for her to be happy and be able to work with this. She apparently loves youtube and editing and is having a lot of fun. But I worry since it's a new channel that she wont be rewarded for a long time for her efforts. I do my best to support her with feedback, direction, a work schedule and tasks to help her through the days. I also manage the channel, titles, art and thumbnails so she only needs to focus on the editing part.

Phew... I went on a rant, sorry.

TLDR: I do it for her.

DIMTIPS

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I started my YT channel as was fixing a lot of items in and around my house. Thought why not video them as it may help others. Sure enough people watched.

Drscottbland

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Started getting too many ridiculous health questions via text from folks I knew and realized people arenΓÇÖt getting clear information from their doctors. Started a channel to explain better