• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Why did you start a YouTube Channel?

Harry Christabel

I have been an article writer for 10+ years and have noticed my articles being easily outranked by videos. I decided to continue writing but to create videos that go alongside my articles to increase my income and to have supplementary content for my articles.

It turns out to be a double whammy with traffic because I embed my videos in my articles.
[/QUOTE
Hi, please how long did it take you to get your first 100 subscribers?

fightthewheel

TubeBuddy Pro
fightthewheel.com
Subscriber Goal
I think society is broken. Most of us, if we really think about it (or imagine we had 100 million dollars), would rather do something else. So, for me, the state of current society is not good enough. I want to be free and I try to inspire my viewers to explore more so eventually they, like me, can hopefully live a free life. A life truly on our terms.

FunkyGeckos

I used to post little clips of my animals on Facebook and a lot of people starting telling me I should turn it into a YT channel so I took the advice and here I am!

Laurenk

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I joined You Tube as it has been a dream of mine for many years. I would have joined sooner but I was being bullied during school and then when I went into work I was in the same situation. But now due to COVID, I am at home most of the time so I have all the time in the world to make new content plus I feel more confident about posting etc. I'd love to get my voice out there. Wish you all the best :grinning:

Shawny

TubeBuddy Pro
I started writing kids music about a year ago. I've been a teacher for 5 years as well a musician and I wanted to try my hand at it. I got excellent feedback for my songs from students, friends, family and co-workers and became very passionate about it. Because of COVID I haven't been able to play gigs or record anything, so in the meantime I started a Youtube channel. I've been pleased with the results and think I could grow the channel even more. Hopefully once things get a little crazy, I can start promoting my brand through recorded material and live music. Until then...

Chefnaika

Mostly to share my love and passion for cooking. And to teach people some recipes, sharing tips and more

amisclinic

Known Member
Honestly because every one was doing that. But now it turned out , to create unique contents people are searching for..

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Honestly, I want to able to live off of youtube, it's possible I know. And I don't like being an employee. That doesn't meant I have to earn millions dollars from it, just enough to pay the bills monthly, I'm happy with that. But that said, I'm creating contents for my youtube based on my personal knowledge about anything I know, in hoping that in the end it could pay the bills, then I can quit my job.

Reactions: Oliver & Liz

OceanShip

JE Ships
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I started a YouTube channel to show everyone all I know about ships, one of my biggest hobbies, And its always been my dream to have a successful channel ever since i was 9.

Reactions: TubeBuddy

BuddyColeen

youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
After being on Food Stamps since my husband died I decided to start a channel not just about my beautiful Ragamuffin Buddy (Cleo was her name before but she prefers Buddy), but also about a video game I'm developing based on her.

I will also talk and post walkthroughs about the video games I'm playing.

WonderMonkey

TubeBuddy Pro
I'm like a few of the other outdoor channels that have responded in this thread in that my family and friends always found the things I did very interesting, so I made a few videos. Then, after watching other similar channels, I decided to see if I could fund my adventures by making my uploads a bit more professional. I've only made a few of the nicer ones but I enjoy the process.

I'm under NO illusion that I'll make a bunch of money from my channel, but as I mentioned, if it can begin to bring in enough money just to pay for the things I like to video, I'll be very pleased.