• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Why did you start a YouTube Channel?

Chlo with the flow

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I started off my channel because i needed a way to exprese my self and something that i was passionate about that would help me with other things.

Harpyjessy

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
i have close friends but i am my own best friend. I like talking to myself or an imaginary person so why not talk to the camera. Also i intend to build a brand before i graduate from college

JavoDreams

Subscriber Goal
Well I'll kick this of by giving my reasons

I know I can teach and I love it, so I wanted to see if I could switch from classroom to YT - and what a learning curve it has been! I also wanted a project with my husband that we could work on together. I do the teaching, writing etc and he is on the editing side with us both working on marketing. So far it is working well and bringing us closer together.
It's like a hobby when you have a passion or love to do something this is a way to express it and a chance to help others.

NanoniumTheDude

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
It really boiled down to wanting to get into it. I started in 2016 because I found making YouTube videos to be fun and interesting - and it was (still is) so I figured I'd upload content for the heck of it.

Melanie

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Legend
hubpages.com
Subscriber Goal
I have been an article writer for 10+ years and have noticed my articles being easily outranked by videos. I decided to continue writing but to create videos that go alongside my articles to increase my income and to have supplementary content for my articles.

It turns out to be a double whammy with traffic because I embed my videos in my articles.

Reactions: Harry Christabel

webstylepress2

TubeBuddy Pro
www.webstylepress.com
Subscriber Goal
I wanted to reach global audience. I was already mentoring juniors as a web dev but I wanted to reach more people. And by teaching you also learn - so its a win win.

golfwithjohn

Subscriber Goal
I started to share my journey to improving my golf game. This is warping into sharing my game play instead...

Saucisse Gang

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
i started this youtube channel cuz i wanted to share the best video game moment i have with my friend to other cuz me personnaly i love watching funny moments vids and it help me to laugh and relax so i decide to share too my best moment so maybe i can make people laugh and its all that i want

AndyBarbaroha

Subscriber Goal
Just wanted to prove to one guy that I can get 500 subscribers in 50 days :joy:
So, now i realize that it's impossible.. as i lost this game. I've got 45 subs only within 40 days.

Last edited:

bectries_food

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I wanted an outlet. My day job is not very creative, and I've always wanted to learn how to edit.

AndyBarbaroha

Subscriber Goal
It's not so easy.. i don't want to use my friends as a resource or source of the traffic.
Actually, i have thought that a high quality content could help me, but know i believe it doesn't work this way. unfortunately organically it doesn't work today..
Even if you shot a great video with great description, tags, etc, nobody knows about it except your friends and your mom, because YT search ignores it all without 1 million previous views..
What do you think?

Last edited:

fc weekly

I wanted to share my knowledge plus it always suck watching professional who are not fans review or preview a match without having a fans perspective of the matter so I created a channel for fans by fans

Harry Christabel

It's not so easy.. i don't want to use my friends as a resource or source of the traffic.
Actually, i have thought that a high quality content could help me, but know i believe it doesn't work this way. unfortunately organically it doesn't work today..
Even if you shot a great video with great description, tags, etc, nobody knows about it except your friends and your mom, because YT search ignores it all without 1 milloin previous views..
What do you think?
Exactly that is why you need them to promote it to others for you. I feel like YouTube does not recommend your videos until you get to a certain stage that is why you need to work to attract people through your social media platforms and friends platforms. The more people engage with your content the more the algorithm is likely to notice you. Impressions and click through rate are very important as well if your a beginner, basically when a video of yours is shown on the homepage/suggestion/recommendation and people click or don't click your video it gives you 1 impression and the more people see your videos and don't watch it the more your click through rate drops and the lesser chance of you growing. Try making trendy/ever green videos and be consistent. PS I create video ideas content for different niches.