• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Why did you start a YouTube Channel?

ColemanAg

www.colemanag.com
Subscriber Goal
We started our channel to support our friends in the industry when the pandemic hit. We are a family hop farm in Oregon and work closely with a lot of local craft breweries. When COVID started a lot of our partners had to shut down and couldn't continue to serve their customer base due to the new social distancing rules and restaurant/bar closures. We started a new YouTube series highlighting our favorite beers to keep up morale and the spirit alive in the industry and to offer our partners some free advertising for their followers.

• Wow
Reactions: Ikerot

Jam0168

I started my channel at the time pandemic hits. I am so mindful of my surroundings that I see people being out from their jobs, their daily supplies running out for their families, some literally, quit living for they see no hope... This reality strikes me so hard.. Since almost in our country are online, I said, "why not influence them through this platform?" I made some videos that in my channel to inspire and convey a message of hope to people's lives. This the major reason for starting out (ofcourse, there are other reasons secondary to this )

Notthang

I wanted to start YT for YEARS, but was super conscious of myself and was simply too shy to get started and pull the plug!

Joshua Zewu

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
To teach others and also To make others feel entertained in these times and its a fun experience for me

golfwithjohn

Subscriber Goal
I've found my passion for golfing at the age of 30 and I can't stop playing. Every free time + good weather I get, I itch and try to go out to play 9 or 18 holes. Whether it's after a long day of work or it's the first thing I want to do in the morning at 7am (now with winter coming, 8am). I decided why not document my progress through YT and share my thoughts and ideas about my game. I want to start dubbing and sharing my thoughts on the shots I took and share my insights through the game I'm learning

I'm posting my first video tomorrow, which I'm extremely excited about!!

Reactions: erienne

MidlifewithSweetT

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I started my channel to push myself out of my comfort zone. I was an only child, a little quiet, and got moved around enough to never find my tribe. When my life got flipped upside down after divorcing and their large family was too awkward to keep in touch I felt super alone. When I finally started finding my way as a single middle aged female, I realized sooo many people feel alone, lost, and confused about what is next. So, I started filming. I am looking to bring along the misfits from life and welcome them to my digital family so that we can laugh together, figure this stuff out, and learn to enjoy this time of our lives. If you are a misfit or just wondering what exactly I am talking about, please take a look or share with your middle aged friends (or mom, as many of you are my daughters age)!

erienne

Subscriber Goal
kinda funny and weird but i saw this popular toy/doll channel and i really wanted to become famous off of doing that as well.
don't worry, i re-branded my channel, but i guess i was just influenced by content creators on youtube i loved to watch who gave me inspiration and i wanted to do that too; give inspiration to people.

Reactions: lifererouted

Bigjesticles35

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have been a musician for 22 years and as female have had enormous difficulty with being taken seriously by my peers and being able to form bands. As a consequence I struggled alot with confidence. So I finally decided to stop relying upon other people and to start working on using my skills to do it myself. The purpose of my channel is to be able to keep making music and growing.

Reactions: lifererouted

lifererouted

My wife and I talked about it for years before we decided to give it a shot. We decided it was worth it just to share our story. We have a lifestyle that most people our age don't have. She is a travel nurse, and we travel all over the country. We just wanted to share a little bit of our story, and hopefully inspire people to get out and explore!

Deanna and Brian

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Always wanted to start a channel but never really had the time. WeΓÇÖre a new couples channel. There is a lot of competition and weΓÇÖre not getting many subscribers but we enjoy making videos and have a lot of fun and just love spending time with each other and smiling.

fproject

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Saya dari tahun 2010 ini hobi mengedit video dan foto, sebelumnya saya tidak pernah terpikir untuk mengupload video saya di youtube karena saya juga memiliki pekerjaan yang sangat solid, tetapi pada tahun 2020 saya di-stop dari pekerjaan saya dan dari sini saya mulai lelah jadi saya berpikir untuk mengunggah video saya ke youtube dan membuat saluran ini

Mattymorphin

Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖm a huge fan of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers! I love collecting the toys and reading the new comics and sharing that with the world! I started making crafts based off the power rangers when the pandemic first hit and my channel has evolved from there!

cherryrose02

Subscriber Goal
I am disabled raising my son alone as a single parent wanting to give him a good life,,, additional income for my channnel will be for his savings and i am also helping people who's sick and disabled atleast donating $40 a month in one person i am new as a youtuber, so God help me to be successful in my youtube business and help more people.... My channel is kids channel and mixed content and gaming Tubebuddy is good to do my SEO but my videos are not set up yet.

Reactions: Oliver & Liz

Jbrame

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
For me I have been a working artist for over 30 years yet my goals growing up as a kid was to produce movies. YouTube gives me that opportunity. So at the end of 2019, I had decided to start a YouTube channel with couple of my really close friends. Of course then the pandemic hit and made things a bit difficult. So far, weΓÇÖre having fun...not growing real fast but having fun.

FreeStyleKing

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
In my life main ocupation is dancing, breaking to be exact and I do that for a living now for more the 27 years, on many different ways. That life is great but for me it was always a thing where I wanted to progress in new aria's. So first it was shows, TV and competitions, then I've started to teach and open a school, after some time theater came along so there was a chance to be a dancer there, then there was a chance to make my own theater show (that was a blast for me, to get all the production payed) and changes was always going and going. In our world promotional material is important and many dancers making that by video, so I wanted a good one also, that was my new challenge, I wanted to learn how to do my self a promo video for YouTube channel. That was in 2005.

So I get my self a program Sony Vegas and start to learn, not long after I had my video and my channel. And then after that I didnt go to much about SEO or something else it was enough for me. I made more videos for my friends and focused more on other things like organizational part of community.

In 2016 I made my new channel this time it was with the plan to post short cuts from breakers which was from my aria, just to make for them an online memory of their progress. In the background I was collecting old fotage and building up an archive of breaking history footage, and was learning about documentary movies production. With the time I start to upload some projects based on history of breakin from my aria (just to post a sneak peak of an arhive which was growing). Also new project came up like free online breaking school which was a way for me to learn how to make a concept of teaching dance, here I put in practice things like building a concept, writing a script, planing a shooting, be a camera person, learn about sound technitian role,did a montage and post production. That was my full practice part of my learning.

So now I'm finishing my first movie and planing another 3, have a full dancing lessons script for new 50 episodes and writing a new script for a short series about breaking. Im searching for investers for movies and online dancing school which are written as a projects for founding by ministry of culture or some other office, my team is taking care of that.

My learning is going now in direction of SEO and it is time to connect with youtube community and make my channel grow so I can continue to make and produce more content.

My passion, breaking shoved me that YouTube is that new thing what is my challenge, so that made me do my channel and learn really a lot about video production and film.

The Sports Buzz

Subscriber Goal
Well here it goes, I started to do sports podcasts on an app called Anchor. That didn't turn out so well, and since I have a masters degree and cannot find a job within my field, I decided to do sports podcasts on YT instead. However, I am starting out and I do not know if I will get to make this a career. I want to able to grow this channel and to be able to turn it into a business where I can hire a couple of staff. I want to at least give a couple of people an opportunity that they never had if they have degrees of course. I feel like it can be difficult to find jobs especially now days. Also, I would have these jobs 100% remote. That is my plan, however, so far it is not looking too good. Talking sports is actually something I always wanted to do on top of that. Instead I went to school for the business side of sports and not communications like I should have.

cherryrose02

Subscriber Goal
Beachside I have a dream me and my child 10 years old have a dream he want to be a famous youtuber and I want to buy a house for my child, I am disabled and single parent living in Canada