• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Why did you start a YouTube Channel?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Not going to lie, I started my channel to flex. I know I can draw well, and I wanted to show that off. I didn't really care about the views or subs mind you, I was more interested in the engagement. I didn't know anything about editing, I just wanted another way to explore the exhibition of art. I was like "hmm... cool, I can draw, but I wonder if it would be interesting to FILM the art making process? and then I wonder if anyone would be interested in watching that?"

27k subs later and it's somewhat the same. I like drawing, I like to show off how I draw, but the engagement, and helping others is definitely a driving force. Also, back in 2015 the youtube search algorithm wasn't showing me much art, or not "good" art anyway... later I just learned artists aren't very good at SEO optimisation :joy: so I'm like "right, if other artists aren't going to show off their art, I'LL do it instead" and thus began the journey.

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I did it for the
GuK.gif

I like tech. I am trying to get into DIY stuff regarding computer modding, and I like sharing what knowledge I have, learning more from others, and collaborating. It's also a creative outlet. I also wanted to see if I could make something off, to get monetized, make it a full time job. Maybe collaborate with technology companies, and make it a thing. :)

Growing Up Walls

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
growingupwalls.com
Subscriber Goal
I started in April of this year because of the shutdown. I was working from home and had found myself unable to write (my first chosen profession), and needed a creative outlet to replace it until I could pull myself together.

I'm usually a very shy and introverted person, so I'm not at all sure why I thought recording myself and posting videos of me talking would be a good idea. But I got "signs" from more than one place (work requiring weekly updates from the staff for our independent contractors, a favorite YouTuber/streamer saying if you want to start a channel to just start already, and then finding videos popping up EVERYWHERE about how to start a channel in 2020), so I decided to give it a shot.

I faltered a little bit over the summer (life is really kicking my behind), but I'm trying to pick back up now. And with all life is throwing at me, I'm finding a niche and passion for a particular subject, so I'm really hoping it will work out.

I'm enjoying reading everyone else's reasons - thank you all for sharing! :heart:

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I did it because living in a small town in Mississippi there wasn't a lot of options to create artisitically and it could be trapping. Making films, videos, etc. has always been a lot of fun and a great chance for me to reach outside of my comfort level!

I love creating content and am very happy I've been able to create content. That passion lead to me making content that lead to me working for TubeBuddy. WIthout that passion these forums wouldn't be here.

I love reading everyone's story and it's been a great thread. Gave it a sticky!

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I started mine because I wanted to share my passion for oil painting, and to share some small tips and advice to other artists that may not have known about that particular tip.

Another reason although not the main one, during this whole 2020 debacle I realized that anyoneΓÇÖs career, no matter how stable and secure it seems, can be swept away without warning, so IΓÇÖm creating a backup of some sort (donΓÇÖt worry IΓÇÖve managed to keep my career, luckily).

ThatΓÇÖs all from me.

LushModz

Subscriber Goal
I started because I did not want to just watch people videos when I can make the same videos they are and have the same amount of fun. Also did not do it for the money or the fam I did it because I was getting in a lot of trouble with friends and school when I made my channel I worked hard and learned a lot and it changed me a lot.

CoolerJake#1

I thought it would be a really cool hobby to have, where I could play video games for a living. I see all those big YouTubers always going to kids at Make a Wish, and I love to see their reactions to seeing their favorite YouTuber, and they look like they have such a fun time!

WV Pet Project

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I started my channel because I had been doing a "Live" facebook video from my local animal shelter weekly for about a year- It actually gained quite a following- the last one I did was viewed over 10,000 times. I started thinking that I could expand from just that shelter, and do stories from animal rescues all around the state. The followers from my live feed and the views have not exactly followed me to youtube, but I keep plugging along, because to me, it is a way to honor the lives of these abused animals. I added the feral cat trapping videos as an afterthought. They get more consistent views than the sad stories, and I have found that I actually enjoy filming those more.

FangirlMoomoo

Subscriber Goal
Since I am always updated on a KPOP girl group that I like, one way to promote them is to post something about them on Youtube. I want to be full time here also.

Glorious

TubeBuddy Pro
I started my channel because I have a passion to share knowledge and empower others with tools that help in building healthy relationships.

dcrafted

TubeBuddy User
www.dcrafted.com
Subscriber Goal
I started to deal With Lockdown Frankly and started loving what i was doing and slowly it turned into passion of not just sharing knowledge or your skill but to learn something everyday !

Camelia LaRiss

Subscriber Goal
I started my Youtube channel because I wanted to share my natural hair journey. I also watch a lot of youtube its like tv to me i can watch all day and I just thought to my self that I believed I would be great at inspiring others or helping others

Museumbrunch

Subscriber Goal
My family and friends were scheduled to visit me this year but they were all cancelled due to COVID-19. I started recording museums and brunch places I wanted to take them to so the experience can still happen virtually. They encouraged me to start a channel so they can see the place online. I really didn't expect to start Youtube but now that I have, it's starting to become a fun project. I'll see where it goes and hopefully it turns out to be a good decision made in 2020. ;)

Reactions: Camelia LaRiss

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I had done some video work with my brother in the early 2000's and had a blast. Had several failed attempts at channels and in 2016 decided I needed to do this for real. So I just picked up my phone and started filming. A few videos in fishing seemed to be the most fun direction to go so we ran with it.

Reactions: Camelia LaRiss

Yoyo

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
I started the channel because I wanna share my love for music. The other reason is that I want to use as portfolio for my singing career.

JOSE JR HERNANDEZ

I have a furniture shop and I want to share some of my ideas also I watch some videos of some individual who now a successful in their living with the help of YouTube and I want to be one of them too. hopping

AngelPheonix

I started my travel channel to share my travel advice and stories. After traveling for so many years I realized that there are many people that still don't know how to get the maximum benefit out of travel experience so I wanted to be their resource.

• Love
Reactions: Anushiya