• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How true is this,learnt big youtubers are stingy and snubs,not willing to help small tubers grow

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Not accurate at all. In fact I have met several and they were all some of the most genuine people I've ever met.
But they aren't here just to help you grow and quite honestly there isn't much they can do to help you grow. The more time and experience you gain the more you will realize this. Nobody can gift you a fan base or an audience interested in you, you will have to earn it. There are no hacks, no quick tricks and there is no way your channel should hinge its success on the possibility of a shoutout from another channel.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
As someone who has been given about the best shoutout ever recieved by a channel with 2 million subscribers I can tell you that the impact it has on your channel is not what you think it is. I made friends with two professionals whom I am blessed to be able to spend time with and discuss YouTube topics in person. But my channel is not a success because of a hand out. I am not a millionaire because of a shoutout and I wasn't gifted an audience that now pays my bills. You are not going to recieve a shoutout that is somehow going to make your channel relevent. Only you can build a relevent channel. Now matter how big the channel an audience is in place for any channel as a result of their personality. it is the fun direction that the creator takes their viewers through their niche that is most attractive to a fan base and you can't tap into that or copy that from someone else. In the end, regardless of whether you get a shoutout you will need to make great content. You will need to win over the hearts of those desiring to view content about your niche and you will need to put in the work.

• Love
Reactions: Damon

Pooper2471

Can't give you that answer, but I'm really annoyed whenever a small YouTuber becomes big and suddenly feels the urge to beg for subs because god forbid they lose a single sub out of a million.

*ahem* Game Grumps

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
It's the same as with every other group of people. Some are idiots, some are kind, some are helpful, some are evil, some are fantastic, some are nice and a lot are somewhere in between all of that.

Now if they help you or not has probably very little to do with if they are nice or not but more about how much time they have, what you ask for and how you ask it. If they get hundreds of messages from people wanting their help they may not have the time to answer all of them in a good supporting way or to answer them at all. Let's say you ask big YouTuber to watch your 10 min video and give you feedback that's 10 min watching and 20-40 min to analyze it and write the feedback. Lets say a total time of 30 min to make it easy to count. If you get 150 messages asking for similar feedback each month that's 2250 hours in a month, clearly they wont have that time.

If you are a random person with no connection to them and just starts to nag them about getting a shutout that's just annoying to most people and they will probably ignore you or say no. But if you are a active member of their community and have been for some time and you polity ask them for some advice related to YouTube the will most likely try to give you that advice.

Last edited:

Kids Fun

TubeBuddy Pro
This is a sad thing to think about. I would think most people that have made it big would love to help others to succeed as well. I am happy for their success! But as it was said the work has to be put in to get your channel seen and SEO is a lot of work but hopefully it will pay off soon!

Reactions: Happyday luro

Happyday luro

Subscriber Goal
I don't think it's entirely true ....it's depends on individual youtuber

UC9481SCS0CK4VtRr8yNsYZA

Last edited:

schoolofselfmade

schoolofselfmade.com
Subscriber Goal
There's an old saying.

"Nothing exposes a bad product faster than good marketing."

Meaning, maybe those big shoutouts aren't good for different channels because the content isn't good yet. You only get one first impression.

Reactions: Damon

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
One thing I learnt from my YouTube journey is that relying on bigger channels is definitely not the way to grow a channel, bigger creators have their own schedule and chances are us smaller players will not be in it, ok big channels have helped small channels, but it doesnΓÇÖt just happen like that, if the bigger channel is willing to invest their time into knowing you and what youΓÇÖre all about, theyΓÇÖll give it a try, but as we all know this requires plenty of trust, trust thatΓÇÖs often not easy to gain.

I had shout out moments from bigger creators, and as lovely as that was from them, it made ZERO difference to my growth, but that I expected because I knew those viewers wouldnΓÇÖt be interested in my content anyways, so was I disappointed? Of course not! I actually didnΓÇÖt expect anyone to give me those shoutouts, they did it for me for whatever their reason was, and just that is much more satisfying.

In short, channel growth is done through our own efforts, sponging off other bigger channels wonΓÇÖt get us anywhere.