• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What do you find the most challenging aspect of YouTube (don't say getting subs or views)

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I will say phrasing a title. It takes me almost 2hours to get a suitable title for my video. I will put up a title and to my amazement, itΓÇÖs on YouTube already. The funny thing is that I explore the title first before considering it, when I key it in, no video will pop up but immediately I create my thumbnail and IΓÇÖm at the stage of publishing, you will see the exact topic right under my video. You need to see my face itΓÇÖs not funny at all.

Reactions: Be You

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I forgot to mention this point earlier .. it just clicked my mind now ...

The neighbourhood noise ...

I start to shoot and then I hear two AuntyΓÇÖs chit chatting near to our balcony or the grinder noise or something else

Sometimes itΓÇÖs just last sentence but I have to wait for sometime to end it because of these noises

Groovacious

Hey everyone - thank you so much for sharing from your gut about what has been most challenging for you.
For me, I am working towards 1000 subscribers using a AdWords Video campaign and find that I get lots of views on the videos and a steady increase in subscribers - but almost zero scomments.

One video's views (the one I use as a Video ad) gained almost 20.000 views in a little over 2 months - and not a SINGLE comment more - just a few extra likes.
That sounds weird to me and is frustrating as I manage my client's Youtube channel's as well....and they want to spend the money to really connect with their target audience !

Ruffus

www.clickasnap.com
Subscriber Goal
to me the hardest thing to to be able to go out and do some video, I'm a photography and editing channel but love being out but with the world it is its hard, so I changed aspects and moved to editing alot more over the last few months, its still hard as I don't get many people commenting, apart from 'great video' or 'thanks', I reply to all comments but its hard to get a convo going lol, might just be me

Etypical

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The hardest part of creating YouTube content for me is being comfortable and confident on camera. The main reason I started my channel was to entertain people, but I also knew that I've always been fairly nervous and uncomfortable on camera, so I really wanted to improve my skills. I already feel like I've improved, but I still find it difficult sometimes ΓÇö I'm not naturally an outgoing person, but that's what I have to be in my videos. It's probably the trickiest thing about YouTube for me at the moment, but I'm enjoying the challenge!

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
The hardest part of creating YouTube content for me is being comfortable and confident on camera. The main reason I started my channel was to entertain people, but I also knew that I've always been fairly nervous and uncomfortable on camera, so I really wanted to improve my skills. I already feel like I've improved, but I still find it difficult sometimes ΓÇö I'm not naturally an outgoing person, but that's what I have to be in my videos. It's probably the trickiest thing about YouTube for me at the moment, but I'm enjoying the challenge!
I can't stress how much this is a skill and not some "natural ability". It absolutely gets easier the more you do it. I also stress that doing dry runs (no camera) help build this skill. Dry runs are the things that no one sees but just about every stage presenter, public speaker and on-camera talent I know do frequently. Last, record a dry run. Pick one thing you want to improve and focus on just that one thing. Small things add up!

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The hardest part for me is the keyword research, coming up with topics for videos, and the editing process for some complex videos.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

HalfwayDcent

This is more a general question, a bit like the "What are you listening to" or in our games section "give one word related to YouTube"

I'm in deep with my captioning and it takes an incredibly long time to get done, so that would be my biggest frustration/challenge at the moment.

What do YOU find most frustrating/challenging about YouTube, and make it interesting. Please don't go with the obvious "getting subs" or "not enough views" Some of us find on screen presence to be challenging, remembering what you want to say on camera, time management, being less shy etc. I'm interested to know what you find most challenging that you're working on improving.

It's so interesting I just posted a video talking about the reason I stopped making videos for awhile and I think reiterating what was said is a great answer to this question. For me the biggest challenge has always been myself. I tend to be an insecure person when it comes to sharing the things I create (like my youtube videos) and it got to a point where I was SO overly critical of everything I made that I refused to post or share anything that wasn't 100% perfect. But of course, nothing will ever be 100% perfect. I had to really take a step back and adjust my thinking to try to overcome that and if I'm being honest I see it as something I will always be battling.

More to your comment about how long it takes you to do the captioning, I've also noticed a trend where people start getting more invested in the work aspect of being a youtuber and start losing the love of it they had when they first started. Filming videos becomes something they HAVE to do because if they miss a week they feel like it will hurt the potential success of the channel instead of posting because they want to. It is important to keep perspective and really balance the work/fun parts of this medium. I think that's one of the biggest reasons chasing the numbers just doesn't work out for people in the long run. Of course there is NOTHING wrong with wanting what you make to be successful, and you DO have to put in the work to get it there, but that should never be the only reason you are doing this.

HalfwayDcent

Well, since I make oil painting videos, those arenΓÇÖt exactly offering the luxury of getting more content out, add on the fact that IΓÇÖve been raising my girl this year, having to work around her daily unpredictable schedule, meant much less got done, which meant much less got posted, so for me my struggle was just getting the videos made and on my channel, but considering the wave of resistance going against me, I still managed to get 25 videos on, and got 70 something subscribers, thatΓÇÖs already a great achievement for me :blush:

I love everything about this post. You acknowledge a very real challenge that so many people face. Balancing creating with real life schedules and situations which so often take precedence. However, I really enjoy how positive you are and it is clear that you have the dedication and positivity to overcome these challenges. Great job on your impact so far I'm sure with this mindset you will do great things! :)

HalfwayDcent

Nailing that white balance in my edits for my videos every single time is a struggle!

Amen to that. There is definitely a technical aspect of this that a lot of creators, myself including, don't initially think about. Sometimes that can be the most time consuming aspect of the medium.

Reactions: Midas

HalfwayDcent

Everything @Stanley Orchard said. For my specific fishing channel I focus of the storytelling more than action. As such my fishing adventures become true documentary films. The problem there is it takes a lot more time in editing and color grading to produce even a single fishing episode. The higher my production values, the longer it takes to produce a video. The artist in me refuses to put out crappy content.

Secondly I compose all my own music. Sometimes the patch I have on my modular synth simply isn't working. That delays things even further. It can take a couple weeks to get a good patch sometimes.

Thirdly because of the seasonal nature of fishing, I've considered focusing on my second channel Black Warrior Lures Studio Edition where I'm teaching people how to make fishing videos and build a fishing YouTube channel during the off season. Running two YouTube channels has proven difficult.
This is more a general question, a bit like the "What are you listening to" or in our games section "give one word related to YouTube"

I'm in deep with my captioning and it takes an incredibly long time to get done, so that would be my biggest frustration/challenge at the moment.

What do YOU find most frustrating/challenging about YouTube, and make it interesting. Please don't go with the obvious "getting subs" or "not enough views" Some of us find on screen presence to be challenging, remembering what you want to say on camera, time management, being less shy etc. I'm interested to know what you find most challenging that you're working on improving.

Also I posted a very similar thread to yours before seeing this one xD I tried to delete mine as I feel like the topic is covered pretty well here but was unable to figure out how. Sorry about that! Looks like we were on the same wavelength today!

AussieBangerz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Staying motivated and consistent is a struggle for me..
I've stayed on track the last 12 months but it gets tough sometimes between work and life in general..

Chauncey Jackson

Subscriber Goal
The most challenging for me is trippin over my creativity. I used to write rhymes and always wanted to be not the best but have the best ideas.

LiquidOcelot

TubeBuddy User
The most challenging part for me on YouTube is getting that high viewer retention up to an average of minimum 2 minutes as i am currently sitting on 1 minute of retention time and it really is bothering me a lot.

• Wow
Reactions: Damon

XenoBubbaGaming

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I find being on Camera and talking to it to be the difficult part. I have never done public appearances or anything even similar to that. Example being, the other night I was Live Streaming and for some reason my Stream pretty much blew up suddenly. I had people swarming the Chat and although that was very exciting and I loved every second of it I did notice my heart rate sky rocketed and everything I had planned on saying flew right out of my head. I think I recovered fairly well though. I just started talking to everyone that was Chatting and after a few minutes I calmed back down and went with the flow. Just kept playing and would glance over to try and keep up a bit with Chat and keep conversation going. I actually have not tried just talking to the Camera completely alone yet. So I don't have an experience in that regard just yet. I think Live Streaming and actively talking that way will help a bit when I start making Solo videos where I have no one to talk to but the Camera.