• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What do you find the most challenging aspect of YouTube (don't say getting subs or views)

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I use Final Cut Pro X (ColorFinalePro) to balance

It supports color balance automation with X-Rite.

You start by holding the color checker in front of your face. Then you use the automation in ColorFinalPro by aligning the grid to the color checker chart. It automatically sets white balance and baselines the color correction.

• Love
Reactions: Damon and Midas

Midas

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
themidasmvmt.com
Subscriber Goal

You start by holding the color checker in front of your face. Then you use the automation in ColorFinalPro by aligning the grid to the color checker chart. It automatically sets white balance and baselines the color correction.
I'm going to try this on Friday! Thanks! I really hope this is the end of my color issues.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 12.51.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 12.51.00 PM.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 160

Midas

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
themidasmvmt.com
Subscriber Goal

One more question - Do I need both the color checker and the Grey/White Card from x-rite or just the color checker?

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
One more question - Do I need both the color checker and the Grey/White Card from x-rite or just the color checker?

ColorChecker does it all. Grey/white only handles white balance. I personally use the ColorChecker Passport Video. Its a great all-in-one tool. It is smaller, which makes it great for location work, etc., but it may require you to zoom into the video. I personally see it as the best in terms of price/performance.

Reactions: Damon

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Ah! COVID might be hampering your ability but i encourage you to utilize this opportunity to force yourself into a different mindset. What CAN you do? What videos CAN you make? This could be a chance to really step outside your comfort zone and learn new styles, tricks etc.
Thank you, I'm a travel channel and do hotel reviews, etc, which is a bit difficult with the lockdown. However, I've bought some travel products to review and booked 11 staycations that start next month - sadly the abroad holidays I had planned have had to be postponed.
I'm stepping out of my comfort zone by trying different editing styles, adding in music and filming from different angles just to see if people respond positively to it. This year i've been braver with my content, being in front of the camera more and filming a lot more b-roll.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Kari B

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I empathize with this quite a bit. I've been an evangelist for major tech companies for quite a while and speak globally at conferences and in large-room settings quite a bit. Much of my technique is based on "reading the room" and adjusting on the fly. Not to mention the stage techniques of exaggerating movements, etc. Even when I've recorded videos in the past it has been in front of a production crew.

Now I sit in a room alone and talk to a camera. There is no feedback at all. It is a very different process. And if I exaggerate my movements I look like a crazy person...
I find it weird making a joke on camera and not getting any laughs, then I start to doubt myself. I'm definitely a crazy person, sometimes when I'm editing I'll ask my son's advice and he usually says 'That's really cringy, leave it in'. I think sometimes I self edit too much and become a bit flat, so now I'm starting to leave some of the crazy in.

Reactions: SILTHW

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
I guess it was editing but now I am going to be more live video with streamyard after watching the video you sent my way. My niche can be covered with life video as long as I can play viral videos and streamyard have given me the ability to multi stream and also share my screen.

I think another thing is YouTube restrictions, I have had video done last year when I began being flagged this week so I am out for a week so focusing on my facebook this week. Wish people will stop flagging videos that have been there for like 1 year, i mean seriously, competitors actually flag videos in my niche and it is frustrating but I am getting better at this. Had 8 months of no flagging.

Tarot et Intuition

TubeBuddy Pro
www.tarot-et-intuition.fr
Subscriber Goal
The most difficult for me is:
_ to be consistent and to publish new videos very regularly
_ to balance my YouTube channel with my daily job and my hobbies
_ to find time to promote my channel on other social networks and to make my community grow there also

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
ColorChecker does it all. Grey/white only handles white balance. I personally use the ColorChecker Passport Video. Its a great all-in-one tool. It is smaller, which makes it great for location work, etc., but it may require you to zoom into the video. I personally see it as the best in terms of price/performance.
Yeah, the color checker is where it is on white balance. I use J Christina's Photo Reference Tool.

timclyde28

The most challenging for me as of now is video editing. Because I am only editing my son's video thru my android phone. Hopefully soon I can afford to buy a laptop for editing.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
This is more a general question, a bit like the "What are you listening to" or in our games section "give one word related to YouTube"

I'm in deep with my captioning and it takes an incredibly long time to get done, so that would be my biggest frustration/challenge at the moment.

What do YOU find most frustrating/challenging about YouTube, and make it interesting. Please don't go with the obvious "getting subs" or "not enough views" Some of us find on screen presence to be challenging, remembering what you want to say on camera, time management, being less shy etc. I'm interested to know what you find most challenging that you're working on improving.

I'd say the balance of creating what I Want to create, knowing what the audience wants. That is a part that any creator who knows who is serious about YouTube and SEO. I always try to find a tie between the two, but sometimes it's difficult. Also knowing that when you try something new you assume all risks can be daunting. It's being confident in yourself, your content, and what you have to say. That challenge though is why I love this platform.

• Love
OP
OP
Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'd say the balance of creating what I Want to create, knowing what the audience wants. That is a part that any creator who knows who is serious about YouTube and SEO. I always try to find a tie between the two, but sometimes it's difficult. Also knowing that when you try something new you assume all risks can be daunting. It's being confident in yourself, your content, and what you have to say. That challenge though is why I love this platform.
I often find your experiences are also a great teaching lesson for all of us, because at the moment, I'd really like to do more of my short inventive hybrid videos, but realistically my longer more time consuming videos perform better. So I know what the audience seems to want, and it's not always in line with what I'd like to be doing, as a creative explorer. And sometimes it feels like you know some of the struggles I battle with, and your lessons are like little lessons/hints for where I should be going, while I know full well you too go through those struggles and it's just a fact I see those lessons for myself as well.

SILTHW

Subscriber Goal
I'd say the balance of creating what I Want to create, knowing what the audience wants.

OMG, this. As someone who is taking something they used to do IRL online, this is a struggle. I have a theme that I know works in one environment, but I need to build a YouTube audience for it. My next experiment is to release a slightly off-message/theme video on something that scores really high in key word explorer and a topic I know well to see what happens. My concern is diluting the focus.

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Sooo true, I so often produce videos I really enjoy doing (bad comedy! - see signature) and drift away from my core subject. I really need to be more disciplined whilst my channel is in its infancy and build a much bigger body of work, but like you @Andrew I just love experimenting. I am now going to put myself on a strict diet of 3 core videos to 1 fun one.:(