• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Movies/TV The Batman - DC FanDome Teaser

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Gotta say, I'm not sold, and "spoilers" (only based on what's already shown in the teaser) it looks like they've messed up the timeline. I liked the noir vibe to it until I saw the modern vehicals and modern cars... so batman is a teenager now in current day? And after seeing BatFleck, I'm sorry but Robert Patterson just looks like a teen in cosplay pretending to be BatMan. I wouldn't mind so much having a skinny very young batman if it was set 20+ years ago, but seeing a young batman in 2020 just messes with the established cannon. BatMan Begins did the origin story perfectly, AND set it's timeline up perfectly, this film looks to throw that all to the wind, making it LOOK classic noir but then throwing in modern computers and cars... I'm not buying it. I'm happy to eat my own words.

But as far as I'm concerned, BatFlek is now the bast Batman, and poor Robert is just a kid in cosplay.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLOp_6uPccQ

• Love
Reactions: TubeBuddy

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I have not watched it, and really don't care... DC has more in their library than Batman & Superman. Time to branch out. Marvel did Spiderman to death, but finally made a decent MCU. I am done with Batman & Superman.

Reactions: Beanie Draws
OP
OP
Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I have not watched it, and really don't care... DC has more in their library than Batman & Superman. Time to branch out. Marvel did Spiderman to death, but finally made a decent MCU. I am done with Batman & Superman.
There's still hope. I was never a huge fan of Spiderman, but Tom Holland did a fantastic job as Spiderman and I've really enjoyed his portrayal of the character.

All comic book movies can be hit and miss. Thor movies have always been horrible, then Ragnorok came out and that's the only Thor movie I care about. It actually got me ready for Infinity war.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

I agree with this! Although they have tried (Green lantern.... ugh) I think that they could expand more, but they need to nail the core 3 which are Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman. I think they have 1 of 3 personally.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Bats has gotten old. And the guy from that teenage vampire Twilight series is now Batman/Bruce Wayne? Na, DC has lost. I mean Marvel Studios took Marvel's second tier characters and did more than DC has done since the 1970s with their main characters. All you get is Superman/Batman. DC simple doesn't have the pieces in place. They have the character, arguably superior characters, but they don't have that story telling ability the way Marvel does.

Clearly they nailed Wonder Woman. She is clearly the Tony-Stark-Iron-Man front runner character. They tried some things with Supe, but we already know his story. Bats, my goodness we know the story. It would have been more fun to crossover and bring in Goku or Vegeta!

Shazam was entertaining. They could have done more.

It's obvious that DC simply doesn't have the pieces at play. Namely they don't have a Peter Jackson like person who can delve into these complex characters and build a rich diverse universe like with Lord of the Rings. DC is stuck in 1970s Superman mode.

DC is always messing with time line. That their deal. Any discrepancy is simply explained as a different universe. The good thing is this allows the writers to do some really nice experiments. What of Superman landed in the Soviet Union? What if Batman really were a vampire? I like that kind of thing, but they'd almost be better off sticking with TV or anime.

At this point I don't think DC has the piece or will ever get their act together unless they make a DC Studios and bring in the likes of a Peter Jackson and build a true all-encompassing universe from the ground up.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
The main problem with the Nolan Batman was that rendition of Batman was too weak. No way he could stand up to the likes of Darkseid with a bum knee and barely able to beat Bane and daughter Razz. (Darkseid is the guy Marvel ripped off to make Thanos.) They would have had to jump the shark a lot.

Where it could have worked is right after the Nolan saga, Superman comes to earth. That makes Bruce Wayne go into a bad frenzy of heavy arm manufacturing, just like they had already set up when he went missing. With all the new tech, he basically builds an Ironman-like suit, much like the one we saw.

But they chose to make a whole new Batman from a whole new universe. As evidenced by the fact that they used practically the same opening scene, but made it more fantastical.

The Nolan Batman could have worked for an bigger universe. After Supe's hive ship crashed. Wayne Enterprises would have surely seized a lot of that tech. Some of that tech Bruce would have used to rebuild his own body. BatFlek would have easily fit here as well.

The guy who played Robin, maybe it was a few years that he played Batman but once Supre came and Bruce Wayne resumed the roll of Bats, Robin could have easily taken the role of Nightwing. That would have worked beautifully. Lots of thing they could have done that would make way more sense than going through two more Batmmen just to land on some emo-goth-teenage-soap-opera Batman.

There are as many members to Justice League as there is to Avengers. I just don't know why DC can't get it together.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
OMG, people who agree with me. I knew TB forums wouldn't let me down. Pattinson is the worst pick for Bruce Wayne no matter what year of Batman this is. And to have a Batmobile that looks like a car he had in his garage that he just supped-up is killing me. I'm not a DC Comic fan but I have never seen a Batmobile that looks like Blades car crossed with KITT.

I also agree Batman has been done too many times at this point. I think it's time to bring in some new players like Martian Manhunter and even a second shot at Constantine but this time make it more DC comic and less horror/thriller. I honestly had no idea Constantine was a DC character when I first saw Keanu in it.

zanderlex

TubeBuddy User
Personally, I like the tone, it feels a lot more like the Nolan ones, and way darker than the recent ones, which I feel is what ruined it for some people over the last few years.