• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gear Question Are you a Mac, or a PC?

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I have a PC desktop that is a high-spec workstation. I use it when I need horsepower. My laptop is a mac.

I will note, moving my workflow completely to Blackmagic (e.g. BMPCC and Davinci Resolve) has actually made it easier for me to edit on my laptop. The Blackmagic RAW format with Davinci is super optimized and I can edit with no performance hit on my mac. Prior I pretty much had to use my PC for 4k work.

Reactions: Beanie Draws

zanderlex

TubeBuddy User
I've almost always used a PC or chromebook. The only time that I've ever used a mac was to work at the school newspaper at my 3rd college, so it was pretty late in my life. Though I actually just ordered a Macbook a few days ago because it's required for my next school.

EvaWar

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
www.evawar.com
Subscriber Goal
I got both, but stick with my desktop pc. The Macbook Pro I got from work just collects dust, maybe use it once a month. I think most peoples misconceptions about pc is due to the fact the bought budget hardware or were supplied a cheap pc from work. There's nothing worse than working on a slow machine!

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I use a PC due to the open nature although I do have an iPad it is for my wife.

I think apple works for a lot of people who just want something that works and don't mind the walled in system. I know the rest of my family switched to Mac from PC and are really happy.

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I use my PC/Laptop for gaming purposes, while for editing purposes, I use my Mac.

R2 mk2vr6

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
i use a pc and to edit im using 2012 windows movie maker .... i would love to stick to pc but to find a good program to edit with is really hard and pricey . The only reason i would go with mac is for imovie

MiddleofKnowhere

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
PC. I started out on graphic design on the mac and video editing. Did that in grad school. Then got heavier into gaming, so moved to PC while still designing on the Mac. Now I just do it all on the PC. :)

Kaos71

Was a PC user for years and years... got into an iPhone many years ago and the infiltration started with Apple products. I am now fully Mac at this point and have a Mac Pro (old one, the trash can looking one), a leased iMac Pro desktop and a Mac Book Pro (2018, still with the bad keyboard) and two iPads (because I have not been able to sell my older one) and an iPhone and Apple Watch.

I just dislike Windows 10 with a passion. It is not even an issue that I feel that PC can and cannot do this or that, I just hate the OS so much that I can't go back... plus, I was killing PCs about to the tune of every 18 months as I was burning up heat syncs with the heavy usage that I was putting on them. That is not to say that Macs are indestructible, but I am getting 3-plus years out of Macbooks... and even a little bit more as I am trying to offload more of my workload over to the desktop when I am home.

itstom

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Weirdly enough I use both :)
Since I am working as software developer irl MacBook is your best bet :)
But I use my PC for everything else(gaming, video editing etc)

Tbh I like both but would love that my macbook could play games :sob:

Also I am a android user and while I like what Apple does with their software in iphones I dislike the hardware...

marcellasmind

Subscriber Goal
I have started on PC but, how my interest has developed to photography and design later youtube I have moved to Mac no regrets!

marcellasmind

Subscriber Goal
Could you share what madee you go back to MAC ?
For starters, I love their ecosystem. When you purchase the apps you can have them on multiple devices. I have an iPhone, iMac, apple watch, and waiting for my iPad. It is easy to jump from one device to another and stay in sync. Apple has amazing apps if you are creative and easier access in my opinion. But it all depends on your personal preferences.

Pete A Turner

Known Member
I started as a PC. Then I was a Mac when I started my graphic design course... then my Macs died, and I'm now a PC again... but with video editing, I'm considering becoming a Mac again.
So are you a Mac or a PC? (or maybe you're cheeky and a bit of both :p )
I have a MSFT surface and I love it.

tropicthunder

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I like computer in general, but I like tinkering with it the most, and PC is a tinkering-heaven for me with all the hardware components and a lot of variation, hardware cannibals, change this and that, upgrade this and that, and almost every component can be upgrade without having to replace it as a whole. But if someone gave me a MAC for free, I would love to use it.