• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gear Question Are you a Mac, or a PC?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I started as a PC. Then I was a Mac when I started my graphic design course... then my Macs died, and I'm now a PC again... but with video editing, I'm considering becoming a Mac again.
So are you a Mac or a PC? (or maybe you're cheeky and a bit of both :p )

Reactions: charlesj

Jarvis Phan

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
I was a PC guy until it crashed on me during a performance and it took forever to reboot on stage so I switched to Mac! And the past 7 years, I never had any real issues. I just recently upgraded my MacBook to the 16" and it runs really well. I can do all my recording and editing for my YouTube Channel and much more. I don't think I can go back to PC even though I use to play a lot of games when I was younger but with a Mac, there's no games, therefore no distractions and forces me to work.

• Wow
Reactions: Beanie Draws

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I used to build my own, so PC was the only option. I just never had any desire to change after that. The proprietary nature of the iPod was enough to turn me off of Mac. The iPod was durable, the battery lasted 13 years, but I was glad to not have to install iTunes on my new PC ha ha

KOTW

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have always been PC but about 3 years ago had to switch to Macbook for work. Never looked back...

Travel Interesante

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
PC... I'd love to give Apple products a try, specifically the new Macbook Pro 16", and I know they do what they're supposed to do well... I just can't justify the cost in my head.

KOTW

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
PC... I'd love to give Apple products a try, specifically the new Macbook Pro 16", and I know they do what they're supposed to do well... I just can't justify the cost in my head.

The best part about a Macbook is the battery life - I can work for 8 hours non stop without charging my laptop!

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I actually have 2 Windows computers. One is a Dell Desktop computer (monitor is about 28 inches) and its a touch screen. I also have an HP Laptop so that I can take it to school with me, but I also edit videos on it too (actually using my laptop to type this right now). I have an Apple iPhone, but not MAC computer.

Travel Interesante

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
The best part about a Macbook is the battery life - I can work for 8 hours non stop without charging my laptop!

Right, and I know performance wise, I know the Macbook holds up and/or exceeds most competition, I just always find it to be a hard pill to swallow when a similarly specced PC laptop runs $500-1,000 USD cheaper.

Reactions: KOTW

residentcasuals

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The more I use my PC the more I feel like I will ultimately buy a Mac.
I'm a writer too and I've been using word for so long so I'm concerned about having to learn a new software for my writing.

zeista

i use PC, because i like to built it from zero to a running machine,

and if i had a spare budget, i can upgrade it what ever i want to be....
sample, like i start build a PC with 8GB ram, now i have budget.. then i upgraded it to 16GB,
and in future upgraded to 32GB RAM its my target.
also the VGA card too...

thats not i found i MAC....

Reactions: KOTW
OP
OP
Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
The cost hurts a lot, considering they're now a good 2-3x the price my original top spec 15" was. Now they're easily in the $4k territory in Australia

AussieBangerz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
100% Mac for me..
Everything I own is Apple.
I use a Windows laptop every day for work but have only tried editing on my MacBook Pro..

Reactions: Queenbeesworld

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
The more I use my PC the more I feel like I will ultimately buy a Mac.
I'm a writer too and I've been using word for so long so I'm concerned about having to learn a new software for my writing.
I write and use Word on my Mac. The dictation tool is now really good and I now hardly type at all. Really helps with workflow

Reactions: residentcasuals

EnglishwithLiz

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I use both - I am bi-lingual :). Grew up with PC's then bought an imac in 2014 for the screen quality. Just upgraded the imac to a SSD and it now copes well with video editing. Despite the premium my next purchase will be a Mac

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I started as a Mac guy and was for many years. My first few computers was Macs and we used Mac in school and then later on at my first real job. But from the day I tried a PC I know I had to get one and I have never looked back.

Last edited:

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'm a gamer so obviously I'm a PC guy. Mac is not built for gaming and Linux is only now getting into the gaming world. I did start out on a Mac when I was in highschool and I wanted a Mac so bad. But PC is were I live. And like others I can't justify the cost of a Mac at the moment. I wouldn't be able to use it as efficiently as many others who use it for editing and music creation. My editing is amateur at best.