• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Instagram Instagram "Reels"

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Supposedly Instagrasm "Reels" a competitor to TikTok, is now out in America. Is this true? I can't see it in my local app store, all I see is the IGTV app.
IF you have access to it, how does it work? is it actually a part of the IGTV app? or is it yet ANOTHER standalone app?

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
When I search up Reels in the Google Play Store, it just takes me to IGTV :l

Could just be IGTV since they already have that platform.

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I updated my app yesterday and I am able to see Reels . I have never been on Tik Tok so I canΓÇÖt compare . You can add clips and speed down , add effects etc .

It was in the Indian Marked very soon after Tik Tok got banned .

OP
OP
Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I updated my app yesterday and I am able to see Reels . I have never been on Tik Tok so I canΓÇÖt compare . You can add clips and speed down , add effects etc .

It was in the Indian Marked very soon after Tik Tok got banned .
I haven't opened IGTV in about a year or more, so I'm not sure how it's supposed to look, so I can't tell if it has a reels feature, or if that's just how IGTV looks now :joy:

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I checked my app when it first came out and wasn't there. I did an update and still wasn't there. 15 minutes later it showed up. I've never used Tiktok to make videos or Vine for that matter, so I don't know how to make clever videos with Tiktok or Reels. But I'll give it a try. Though I'm not fond of the idea of avoiding Tiktok because of the Chinese crap instead I'll use IG which is owned by FB which I deleted over a year ago.

OP
OP
Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I checked my app when it first came out and wasn't there. I did an update and still wasn't there. 15 minutes later it showed up. I've never used Tiktok to make videos or Vine for that matter, so I don't know how to make clever videos with Tiktok or Reels. But I'll give it a try. Though I'm not fond of the idea of avoiding Tiktok because of the Chinese crap instead I'll use IG which is owned by FB which I deleted over a year ago.
Yeah it showed up to me as a story. I guess they'll be promoting it daily seems it's integrated into Instagrams story feature... I do like stories, so will be interesting to see how it all works soon.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yeah it showed up to me as a story. I guess they'll be promoting it daily seems it's integrated into Instagrams story feature... I do like stories, so will be interesting to see how it all works soon.

Stories and Reels are 2 different things. I have both.

Screenshot_20200808-205352_Instagram_2.jpg

OP
OP
Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Stories and Reels are 2 different things. I have both.

View attachment 6985
2 different things yes, but in the same area. When someone livestreams, it shows up at the top just like it would for a story. And you get to live and stories in the same area, so reels are being treated in the same way. Like how at the bottom with the + is for regular profile posting, and regular profile video uploading.

Reactions: BraveStar