• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question My Watch Hour is decreasing

Renan El Viajero

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello please enlighten me. My watch hour is decreasing. I should have at least 3500 hours now. The other day it was decrease to 3100 and then yesterday it was increased to 3241. And today I checked it’s 3201. Please see attached . I need to understand this. Can I appeal this to youtube? Is there something that I can do?

Attachments

Dr Pixel Plays

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
You need 4k watch hours in the last 12 months. Take a look at YouTube analytics and change it to 365 days. If you had a lot of watch hours a year ago, you might be losing more watch hour than you currently gain.

It also could be that YouTube is having problems with their data. That happens quite a lot. Sometimes I only had 0 watch hours for a day, but 2 days later YouTube got their data right again. Of course, with about 40 watch hours, I don't really notice these drops.

Another reason might be that YouTube gave you too many watch hours, which YouTube now doesn't consider as watch hours anymore. Maybe you clicked on some of your old videos? This doesn't explain such a drop, though.

Just wait a few days when your data doesn't seem right. This usually is just a temporary issue.

And even if the problem persists, I don't think it's worth getting into contact with YouTube support. It's not an extreme drop, and they probably have their reasons. And until they fix the issue it takes probably weeks.

OP
OP
Renan El Viajero

Renan El Viajero

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I just wanted to know the reason. But I don’t think it has something to do with my watch hours last year. I don’t think I have that so much Watch hours during that time. This happened to me many time’s but only now that I am really questioning this case. Thank you so much for your explanation.

OP
OP
Renan El Viajero

Renan El Viajero

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Its simply a matter of less people watching your videos now than >365 days ago! Simple maths. Its a rolling total for the previous 12 months updated daily.
I know simple mathematics. But the screen shots are just two days one day apart. And that’s why I am wondering and questioning.

kitchen c/o ammama

Member of the Month
Subscriber Goal
I am also seeing a decrease in watchtime . Hopefully it is temporary One.

Being so close to 4k and again going far feels bad :(
Hello please enlighten me. My watch hour is decreasing. I should have at least 3500 hours now. The other day it was decrease to 3100 and then yesterday it was increased to 3241. And today I checked it’s 3201. Please see attached . I need to understand this. Can I appeal this to youtube? Is there something that I can do?

Fact Ghonto

It's nothing but just a temporary issue ... If huge watch time comes in a short time of period then YT algorithm shows it different from time to time.. It will be normal with in 48 hrs max to max 72.. Don't panic its normal case...

OP
OP
Renan El Viajero

Renan El Viajero

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
It's nothing but just a temporary issue ... If huge watch time comes in a short time of period then YT algorithm shows it different from time to time.. It will be normal with in 48 hrs max to max 72.. Don't panic its normal case...
It happened to me many many time already and yes I waited for that hours to come back but it didn’t.

Beanie Draws

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
If you've deleted a video, set a video as unlisted, or a video was deleted by YouTube for violating copyright/terms of service, that video won't count towards your public watch time anymore.
Also, this isn't a TubeBuddy question, so question has been moved to YouTube discussion.

Blessing

TubeBuddy Pro
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
Have seen this happen but basically I noticed was that it reduced based on the period am checking. If I check for 28 days then it means 28 days from today and so depending on the view for my 28 days yesterday I see a drop or increase. I think the same applies for 365 days, what was happening 366 days ago? The one day difference when taken off can affect your channel. Apart from this, don't know what else could course this unless what other have said above.