• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Which app do you use for thumbnails?

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I just tried this Combo and I am loving it !! It's Canva + Powerpoint ( to remove background) ( Microsoft 365)!!

Last edited:

SILTHW

Professional cat wrangler
Subscriber Goal
I just tried this Combo and I am loving it !! It's Canva + Powerpoint ( to remove background) ( Microsoft 365)!!
On Canva, under download there is a checkbox that says "transparent background". Does that not do what you wanted? I'm asking because I haven't used that, but assumed that's what it does.

LushModz

Subscriber Goal
PHONE I use PicsArt or inShot to edit my videos, PicsArt is good to add images and you can zoom in and out to find where you want to place it. You can also add effects to the thumbnail such as saturation

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
On Canva, under download there is a checkbox that says "transparent background". Does that not do what you wanted? I'm asking because I haven't used that, but assumed that's what it does.
Well, we need to buy pro for that.

CelticSpike

TubeBuddy Pro
i use GIMP. bit of a learning curve to it but its free and is very extensive. its not photoshop but its the best free alternative in my view

itstom

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I am personally using photoshop and had my license for 4-5 old photoshop which I got from my previous job.

But looking at your thumbnails I'd say one thing to keep in mind is to set font size to be slightly larger than you have them right now.
I've noticed in last couple of videos you've published that you have more views on videos that have text in thumbnail(that doesn't mean you get better watch time).

A bonus tip - I'd say for your live streams, it might not be a bad idea to not publish them all as videos as it will lower your view time overall since videos are 1-2hrs long.
Unless you have people actually staying on for such long periods which is amazing :)

Your best performing thumbnails overall are with closeups of people faces so I'd say keep that in mind as well :)

Cheche004

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I use Snapseed and Inshot! And using a website to cut and separate my face from the background