• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Weird jumps in views?

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Hey,

Yesterday at between 11am and 12 noon [London, UK] I got 18 views

For me, that's a massive spike

There's 0 views, or 1 or 2 views in the surrounding hours.

And it was strange as it was views on all different videos.

Ok, you could say that someone liked a video, and then watch a load more...?

But what's got me worried is it's happening again right now. Just gone 7pm. The views were on zero, then jumped to 7... I looked and it was all different videos. Then it jumped and jumped again, up to [currently] split over 12 different videos. It wouldn't be possible for someone to like a video and watch that many [within ten minutes of the hour]. It makes no sense.

Is there something suspicious happening?

Or will it look like I'm doing something suspicious?

My guess it's either someone messing around, or maybe Youtube adding on views they for some reason held back? They must have done it for that one hour yesterday, and for this hour today? Was there a 'black out' where views weren't counted... that are maybe now being added on?

Anyone else experience this? Anyone ever experience this?

It's crazy to be worried by getting too many views... hmm... But 23 views in an hour, is for my channel, super unusual. If I have a new video out, and I have been promoting it... maybe...

Thanks for any help

Reactions: Yxmziii
OP
OP
MaJ

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Correction

The 11-12noon was also today

So that's 18 in that hour, 23 in this hour, and mostly 0, 1, and 2 views in all the others

Yxmziii

It normally happens to me too dont focus on vviews too much just try and promote yourself to friends and keep grinding in due time you'll get to where you want to reach.

It normally happens to me too dont focus on vviews too much just try and promote yourself to friends and keep grinding in due time you'll get to where you want to reach.
The views bug out here and there some say when you post games you wont really get as much views because it may not be everyones favourite game and make sure to find a good title not too long not too short

atleast i post games but all i say is just keep grinding

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I get some spikes too. Mostly it's friends checking out my channel, me clicking on my own videos a few times to check things, and randomness. If you get too many low-quality views, it decreases average watch time, but that's nothing to worry around with these low numbers(not that I get higher numbers...).

OP
OP
MaJ

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Well it ended up as 31 for the hour

I do have four playlists

But the views were scattered over too many different videos, and to have 23 in less than ten minutes [of the hour gone], and the way it jumped up 7 views in a second, and so on... I'm not sure it would be possible

It would need four people to be watching different playlists at the same time... but not watching the videos, skipping through???

Anyway I guess from this that no one else has had this happen, like this, today..

Midas

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
themidasmvmt.com
Subscriber Goal
I wouldn't notice something like that on any of my channels tbh. I also would advise you to ignore the views. Sometimes YouTube takes away bot views and your views on a bunch of videos go down. They also take some time to update view counts sometimes.

Dr Pixel Plays

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I once had 11 views in one hour because I clicked on my videos multiple times to check things. It's really nothing to worry about. I think YouTube removes your own views after a while anyway. And maybe it just was someone who clicked through a lot of your videos? Or they had to reload the page multiple times due to bad internet. Thing is it could be just about anything. As long as it's not suddenly 50x to 100x views, there's really nothing to worry about. What can you do about too many views anyway?

Gunjit

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
It might be because someone clicked on your video 18 times

OP
OP
MaJ

MaJ

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Yeah

But it was all different videos

So - someone clicked on 12 different videos, 31 times in an hour

I think it's likely to be the opposite of when they take away views [bots, or your own computer] they must have added in something - like overseas views, or views from a link, that accumulated over a day or so?

Still being all different videos is weird - as it's not natural - I usually have a few videos at any one day/week and only those ones get views

Thanks

The Mantis Man

One of my videos has been jumping up a lot since people have been commenting on them, were only on 60 views now they have gone up to 100, one video was on 400 and now is hitting the 600 mark. I am still learning about it all and as i can gather the likes or dislikes and comments etc must play a role in ranking or something.