• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review IS THIS VIDEO ENGAGING AND WH

Harpyjessy

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi ! I am sorry I did not see the whole video .. there might be other points but these two main things did not draw my retention.

1. 15 sec Long Intro
2. No direct contact. I know it's hard at the beginning but I recommend you to practice more and look directly at the cam. This does personally bring a difference to me.

Try Checking out the post that @Stanley Orchard recently published about audience retention.

All the Best !

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Theomegawolfmaster

hey, my opinion is that
1. don't have a 15 second long intro. at most an intro should be 5 seconds
2. your sound quality is fine, it's just way too quiet, you can fix that by editing it to be louder or being louder in the video
3. watermarks is a no go in a video, there are free alternatives to both editing and recording that have 0 watermarks, i suggest using obs to record and shotcut to edit

01FrozenFuze

Here are some tips for your video:
1. 15 sec long intros are not the best aim for a shorter intro because it would loss your audience.
2. Thumbnail needs improvement. The emojis are low quality and the flags are covering the words. Also you can find larger pictures of clip art and scale them down to make them be shown as a higher quality of that clip art. Also make sure your face is being completely shown in your thumbnails with different types of factual expressions. This will make your videos not look like a copy and paste.
3. You may also want to cutout parts where you have messed up a phrase. This will make your audience not get confused about what you was talking about.
4. Get an editing software that does not leave a water mark on your videos. This can make your videos look low quality. I would recommend an editing software called divinci resolve. This is a GPU demanding software but it should work if you let the software choose the settings its self.
5. Also find your target audience. I see that you are into travel and vlogs so make sure you also add those into you tags.
6. Keep up the hard work. Uploading frequently and you should start showing up in your audience recommends.

VenGame

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think that you should get right to the point because if people know what you are going to be talking about in the first 10 seconds they have a high chance of staying there

heaven1983

The intro part is a bit long. You could maybe say a few words first and discuss what you're going to say and then put the intro.

Also, I think to make the video more engaging is,to use a few effects and/or transitions to give your video a different feel. If you look at tv shows, for example, you'll see that every few seconds, the angle changes or something different happen to break the video.

Jenny G

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi there!
I know how difficult it can be talking to a camera and doing videos, so IΓÇÖd like to express my advice respectfully:
  • I think you could cut out the parts of the video where youΓÇÖre repeating yourself so it can flow more smoothly.
  • Additionally, I would cut out the parts of the video where you take long pauses so the video can have more continuity.
  • Also, IΓÇÖd try to moderate the tone of the voice, so it doesnΓÇÖt go up and down, but it stays at the same level throughout the video.
On a positive note:
  • I like the lightning of your location; I think itΓÇÖs very flattering on you.
  • I like the detailed information that you provide about the topic, IΓÇÖm sure your target audience finds it helpful.
  • Also, you communicate in a very expressive and honest manner which, from my point of view, makes your video more engaging.
Best of luck!

Donnell Stidhum

Gosh, Lots of great feedback already. Same points regarding the intro. Overall, it doesn't seem like you have a brand that represents YOU, the overall styling of the intro... especially the music. You are a large personality and very expressive, but not TO the viewer. Viewers want to engage, and connect. I'm sure you'll get more comfortable. Good Luck to you. Keep posting.

Uncle Momo

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I wasnΓÇÖt comfortable watching because you wasnΓÇÖt comfortable and didnΓÇÖt make feel at ease but that will take time once you get back into the swing of things