• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips Getting People To Share Your Videos

JessBookgirl75@gmail

Extremely Well-Known Member
Subscriber Goal
How do you get people to share your videos that you have posted on Youtube without being pushy? Do you mention it in your videos or keep quiet about it?
Jessica

Reactions: Republik Gadget

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I donΓÇÖt know about others, but for me I never mention sharing, I just encourage likes and subs, as well as watching my content, but if a video does get shared then what a bonus.

Reactions: SulavBasnet

TanookiAlex

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Normally i just ask people to "share my video with your friends and family if you felt this was helpful or want to raise awareness!" Raises the share rate by around 10%
It boost the sharing by a lot, also adding cards i find or having it pinned in the description or comments helps. Usually you want to explain to your viewers why with a dramatic cause often. Share this video for a purpose other then yourself type stuff, you know what i mean? 'If you found this video helpful of making brownies, please share if you want your friends to make awesome brownies too!" <--- example

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Its difficult to discern, but the best way is to find a way to make it valuable to share. For example, make a video so funny that people share it with their friends for a laugh. Thats hard to do but if/when you do it you will have unlocked something very special.

• Love
Reactions: Toyteller

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Start with yourself. You have probably watched a lot of YouTube throughout the years. What made you share a video? Most likely is the reasons that you have shared videos in the past the best ways to get people to share your videos.
My guess is that in most cases the best way is to make fantastic content, content people like so much or are touched by that they just have to share it with others.

But it's very hard to create that level of content, even if you try most videos will probably not reach that level. So another good way is most likely focusing on community building, building a community with the people who watches your channel regulary. Get to know them, talk to them, interact with them, make them feel like a part of the channel, a part of a team. Then every now and then you make a call to action for your community.

Reactions: Zita

Zita

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
zitachristie.com
Subscriber Goal
My mother would ALWAYS share my video on Facebook regardless if it gives information, or gives entertainment.

I wish my mom would do that:blush:

How do you get people to share your videos that you have posted on Youtube without being pushy? Do you mention it in your videos or keep quiet about it?
Jessica
mmm... some my good friends sometimes share my video on Fb without me asking and I would also never ask... but I see people easily share videos when itΓÇÖs funny or of course when you are already having a huge following.

Reactions: Study with SS

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
My mother would ALWAYS share my video on Facebook regardless if it gives information, or gives entertainment.
My mother, too she makes sure she gets the link and shares all my videos to her WhatsApp groups and Facebook friends. I now need to concentrate more on the subscribers to my channel to putting on their notification bells as I discovered only 10% have their notification bell on. :(

Last edited:

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Well at the end of my videos, I say like, share and subscribe but I donΓÇÖt think that is what is making them share. My students do share to themselves most times not always though.

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I have 8000 followers on twitter and itΓÇÖs impossible to get tweets shares etc IΓÇÖd like to know too

Start with yourself. You have Twitter. You follow other people. What are the reason that you share other peoples tweets the times you do that and what are the reason that you don't share peoples tweets all the time that you don't?

Reactions: Toyteller

Bob the Canadian

TubeBuddy Pro
I always ask for people to like and subscribe. I rarely if ever ask them to share. This is something you just have to hope for, it really is a gut reaction from people and is a much bigger decision than simply clicking a thumbs up or subscribing which only affect them. Sharing affects others so people don't do it very easily and certainly not when asked to.

Toyteller

Subscriber Goal
Start with yourself. You have Twitter. You follow other people. What are the reason that you share other peoples tweets the times you do that and what are the reason that you don't share peoples tweets all the time that you don't?

Thing is IΓÇÖm a landscape artist on Twitter and my YT channel is based for kids. So chances are if I tweet my followers will soon dump me. I have thought about art tutorials as well. But unsure if thatΓÇÖs popular on YT. Looks like a long slog..
Anyway thanks for your thoughts

Legacy

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Thing is IΓÇÖm a landscape artist on Twitter and my YT channel is based for kids. So chances are if I tweet my followers will soon dump me. I have thought about art tutorials as well. But unsure if thatΓÇÖs popular on YT. Looks like a long slog..
Anyway thanks for your thoughts
its unlikely that all 8000 of your followers would dump you for sharing one of your videos or your channel on there just because it's under a different niche. You could also maybe create a second twitter account for your YouTube and follow people within your YouTube niche while sharing your youtube videos on that new twitter account.