• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Other Social Media Using TikTok to promote YouTube Videos

Kindred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I feel like tiktok could be a really great way to reach a wider audience and could draw more people to your channel that didn't know about it otherwise

Reactions: Lupus_sensei

Cocinando con Ampy

TubeBuddy Legend
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Yo estoy empezando también, como tú dices, yo creo que si exponemos una especie de intro o resumen del video o contenido de lo que deseemos expandir, podrá llegar a alguien. Aunque sean pocos, al principio tengo la certeza que con el tiempo esa plataforma aportará púbico susceptible de seguir nuestro contenido. Animo amigo!

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
And...how exactly is anyone using tiktok to promote their youtube channel? A tiktok video saying "check out my youtube channel" ? ? ? I did a tiktok experiment a few weeks ago and it was much easier to get views on tiktok compared to youtube.
Ah... but not all views are created equal. I don't have an exact number, but I am betting that the value of a view on YouTube is worth 20X the value of a view on Tik Tok (in terms of CPM's, engagement and how much more difficult it is to attain).

Wilson IS

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
It's looking to be banned in several countries as those who run the app don't look to be 100% honest about the backend and how they run the app. I'd be cautious about how much information you put on it. I've seen people get great success from it, but it depends on what you believe from certain government propaganda machines as to how "Safe" it is. It could be nothing more than Cold War era lies built to cause distrust in the app, OR there could be seriously misleading things about the app. I'd sit and wait to see what happens. Would suck to get a huge audience from it only to have the app banned.

It's banned in India now as the governments are on the brink of war, and it's looking like America it tetering on the brink as well, and the app looks to be a casulty of the uncertainty.

I think there's a lot of cold war stuff yes why facebook didn't sell millions of user data and where is facebook from?

now i can't believe that people who watch tiktok will leave tik tok to watch mostly long videos on youtube.

the audience has to be built in its own place. use redit or other media to promote the channel I believe it but on tiktok I have my doubts

Zarzab

I just started using tiktok last week to promote my Fortnite vids. One of my clips on tiktok got over 220,000+ views (basically it went viral) and it got me over 10k views on the YouTube vid :)

Really helpful tool and my fan base on tiktok is now more larger and growing much faster than my Twitter and Instagram Lol

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
I just started using tiktok last week to promote my Fortnite vids. One of my clips on tiktok got over 220,000+ views (basically it went viral) and it got me over 10k views on the YouTube vid :)

Really helpful tool and my fan base on tiktok is now more larger and growing much faster than my Twitter and Instagram Lol
I actually plan on doing it. I always get views in the 200's on TikTok. I think it's a worth a shot.

Great, but how are you promoting your YouTube channel on TikTok? How is putting up a video on TikTok helping your YouTube channel? I've already done enough experiments to know that TikTok views are relatively easy to come by, but not sure how this helps your YouTube channel. Thoughts? Thank you.

Lupus_sensei

TubeBuddy Pro
www.lupus-sensei.com
Subscriber Goal
Also using Tiktok to promote my channel.. its increase much faster than my instagram and facebook. Though I am not sure if it really draw more people to check my youtube channel

Reactions: MediaMan

Lupus_sensei

TubeBuddy Pro
www.lupus-sensei.com
Subscriber Goal
Screenshot_20221016-114652.jpg

Reactions: MediaMan

MediaMan

Very Well-Known Member
ah..ok...thx. So just a link in your profile page. yah, I don't see that doing much for YouTube. I thought maybe putting something in each video "More on YouTube" etc, etc, might help, but I'm guessing most people on TikTok probably don't have Google/YouTube accounts so even if they end up watching a video on YT the odds of them becoming subscribers are probably very low to zero.

Lupus_sensei

TubeBuddy Pro
www.lupus-sensei.com
Subscriber Goal
well.. actually I also put the video link on my tiktok posts.
But like I said before... honestly I don't know if it really pulling people to my youtube.
Anyway... since I already made the video for youtube and youtube shorts, copy and post those short videos on tiktok is not taking much time.

Even if they not visit my youtube,... maybe my Tiktok will grow and become a second business.
Who know?!
We can only try our best

bakerbrewz

Hiya... looking at your video on how to be tiktok famous, I think youΓÇÖve already answered your own question and even more :p , but seriously IΓÇÖm on tiktok because itΓÇÖs light, fun and easy exposure on high traffic. IΓÇÖm still a small channel so I take whatever exposures that I can get, especially when itΓÇÖs free, I got nothing to loose. How many ΓÇ£oldΓÇ¥ people are doing things because just their teeners kids, niece/nephew, grand kids think itΓÇÖs cool?... youΓÇÖll be surprised.
Thanks for sharing. I too find tiktok not as much my usual jam but it is great for a bit of traffic and light and funny content. Challenging myself to get familiar with another platform I think is a healthy growth mindset and has stretched my ideas about creativity even further. Plus there is some crazy hilarious stuff out there.