• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Other Social Media Using TikTok to promote YouTube Videos

Zita

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
zitachristie.com
Subscriber Goal
Hiya... looking at your video on how to be tiktok famous, I think youΓÇÖve already answered your own question and even more :p , but seriously IΓÇÖm on tiktok because itΓÇÖs light, fun and easy exposure on high traffic. IΓÇÖm still a small channel so I take whatever exposures that I can get, especially when itΓÇÖs free, I got nothing to loose. How many ΓÇ£oldΓÇ¥ people are doing things because just their teeners kids, niece/nephew, grand kids think itΓÇÖs cool?... youΓÇÖll be surprised.

OP
OP
JoshKimche

JoshKimche

Good point, I've started to post on TikTok now in order to grow my channel. It's not something I really like but if I want my channel to grow I should just bite the bullet

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Do you think TikTok is a good place to promote YouTube videos. I'm on the fence on one hand the fast traffic and short clips mean you could more likely be noticed, on the other it doesn't seem like the best place to have a susitbable audience

I'm just so weary about tiktok and with it having so much controversy it's an interesting one :X

Reactions: Beanie Draws

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I enjoy TikTok for short form vids, but have not figured out how to get any traction. I tried various mixes of hash tags, but to no avail. It is the only fun social media at the moment, though.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
It's looking to be banned in several countries as those who run the app don't look to be 100% honest about the backend and how they run the app. I'd be cautious about how much information you put on it. I've seen people get great success from it, but it depends on what you believe from certain government propaganda machines as to how "Safe" it is. It could be nothing more than Cold War era lies built to cause distrust in the app, OR there could be seriously misleading things about the app. I'd sit and wait to see what happens. Would suck to get a huge audience from it only to have the app banned.

It's banned in India now as the governments are on the brink of war, and it's looking like America it tetering on the brink as well, and the app looks to be a casulty of the uncertainty.

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
The idea of cross-promoting is not new to any social network. If you watch the top Tiktokers, they always push you to Instagram or YouTube. I am seeing some pushing to Byte, which is the new Vine, and telling people about it if TT does get shut down.

So yes. Cross-promotion is a great idea.

zeista

i think using any application to promote our channel (like tiktok) its good and if we have more time to do it, just do it...

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Tik Tok is very unusual and entirely different beast.

I have seen people shout out their Youtube channels but compared to the number of followers on their Tik Tok network the subscribers on Youtube are so minuscule. Leading me to believe that the average viewer of Tik Tok possibly needs only short 60-sec info and that's it.

It is also quite political and controversial at times. There were recent rumours about stopping it the U.S recently but the Tik Tok members are already discussing how they can get on to Tik Tok in a different way.

When controversial topics are removed or banned from Tik Tok they are usually left on Instagram. Therefore most Tik Tokers have an Instagram platform as well.-all this is just from my observation.

Reactions: videosforkids

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
The idea of cross-promoting is not new to any social network. If you watch the top Tiktokers, they always push you to Instagram or YouTube. I am seeing some pushing to Byte, which is the new Vine, and telling people about it if TT does get shut down.

So yes. Cross-promotion is a great idea.
Hmm..Must check out Byte.

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
How often do you upload? Are you posting on these platforms? What is your engagement like? in my opinion with Instagram, you may have to build a community/following? (I don't profess to know too much about the ins and outs of Tik Tok really )
I think somewhere on this platform you can ask for a video review and people give very useful advice,if you think that would help,

LiquidOcelot

TubeBuddy User
Tiktok is about follow/unfollow for unserious content creators that want to promote their youtube channels on tiktok and then simply upload same youtube videos you got on your channel using the tiktok editor to iron out 60 seconds footage and you are good to go. Each tiktok video must have your youtube channel link as text that is an option on tiktok editor as well and also in the bio of tiktok as well.

Reactions: videosforkids

AshwinR

TubeBuddy User
Yes, I have a Dutch friend you started his channel a few week ago, but he shot up in a feww week to thousand of subsriber it's insane:

His channel is in Dutch, but it's about what other youtubers earn, apparently it's something people want to know. After he started using tiktok, his growth was of the chart. Check his sociablade whish I had that kind of growth....

Paddle & hike

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
i do post some clips with link but I do not get much from it.... I do get views on TikTok (for the clip itself) but it doesn't bring me much YT views and subscribers.

HenryBR

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
From what I've seen nowadays. TikTok is probably one of the best ways to promote your channel and thus, its content. So why not. Go for it. Good luck!