• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gear Advice How to create/film a Tech Channel

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I thought this video was particularly interesting for thoses in the tech and Gear space, it takes you through how to start a tech channel, and how to film FOR tech channel. Very interesting, so if you want to get into the gear space SPECIFICALLY give it a watch
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OneGxoJ7_QI

Really solid video, and he has a lot of great advice for just film-making in general :)

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I always wanted to start a tech channel. It was actually my first idea. But it seemed impossible for someone like me who struggled to get tech of any kind to create videos on. I didn't want to bother trying to make videos and ending up with only 3 o4 because, well, that's all the tech I had at the moment and there was no way of getting any other. These days it's no so much about not being able to afford tech but not being able to afford the tech people actually want to know about and having a lot of it for the sake of reviews. It's why I went the videogame way. It was easier to just make multiple videos of the same game and eventually get my hands on other games that I could milk for long periods of time.

BensTechLab

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.benstechlab.com
Subscriber Goal
That was a pretty good video!

But, as someone who is just collecting gear for my own YouTube tech space, I am acutely aware that Daniel has well over $10,000 USD of gear shown in this video alone! (And accused of using an undisclosed Gimbal for his B-roll in the video comments :) plus has extra cameras offscreen as he switches between camera angles in this video).

Daniel's game here is pretty high end for someone just starting out to aspire to! But definitely a quality production. A great goal to set your sights on.

For myself, I will drop the full frame Sony a7iii to a crop sensor Sony a6400, drop the GMaster lens to a couple Sigma primes, and drop the Aputure lights to a few Falcon Eyes LED light panels. A gimbal could still be fun though!!

Reactions: Aaron

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
That was a pretty good video!

But, as someone who is just collecting gear for my own YouTube tech space, I am acutely aware that Daniel has well over $10,000 USD of gear shown in this video alone! (And accused of using an undisclosed Gimbal for his B-roll in the video comments :) plus has extra cameras offscreen as he switches between camera angles in this video).

Daniel's game here is pretty high end for someone just starting out to aspire to! But definitely a quality production. A great goal to set your sights on.

For myself, I will drop the full frame Sony a7iii to a crop sensor Sony a6400, drop the GMaster lens to a couple Sigma primes, and drop the Aputure lights to a few Falcon Eyes LED light panels. A gimbal could still be fun though!!

Sigma's ART glass is some of the best glass I've ever used. I must say the 18-35 1.8 ART from them on a Blackmagic Pocket Cinema just looks stunning I can't think of a better video kit for the price.

I've never heard of Falcon Eyes though.... I'll need to be looking into them as I'd like to acquire some video lights.