• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Gaming How long do you think it will be until weΓÇÖre ready for 8K gaming ?

Kjred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖve just been thinking the past few days how long will it be until weΓÇÖre fully optimised for 8K gaming. From what I understand both the PS5 and Xbox series X will be ready but I think weΓÇÖre along way off. IΓÇÖm thinking 5-6 years maybe ?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't think 8k gaming will "ever" be a thing. Well... it will, just not widespread. 4k is about all you need unless you're going LARGE screen, or multi screen setups. I don't know how many people are going to be that seriously invested in gaming to want to go that far, and there's already people doing that.

At this rate, the only logial reason for 8k gaming is if you have a 60+ inch tv, or you want extreme sharpness in textures, but that's already pretty good in 4k. but who knows, maybe I'll eat my words.

Reactions: Kjred

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
I don't think we should keep pushing resolution for video games... Movies? absolutely we should push for better but I feel that games there is very little to get from that increase in resolution other than a bogged down system.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Movies? absolutely we should push for better but I feel that games there is very little to get from that increase in resolution other than a bogged down system.
Agreed fully, considering the typical Imax movie is projected in 2k, and most films (even the ones release in "4k") are actually 2k make, or 2k upscaled. It's tricky to films that are natively 4k resolution except for animated films. It's LOVE to see 8k on Imax!

• Love
Reactions: Aaron
OP
OP
Kjred

Kjred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I don't think 8k gaming will "ever" be a thing. Well... it will, just not widespread. 4k is about all you need unless you're going LARGE screen, or multi screen setups. I don't know how many people are going to be that seriously invested in gaming to want to go that far, and there's already people doing that.

At this rate, the only logial reason for 8k gaming is if you have a 60+ inch tv, or you want extreme sharpness in textures, but that's already pretty good in 4k. but who knows, maybe I'll eat my words.
I personally love 4k and think its probably the best we'll get for a long time but i do think developers will want to push 8k further in the future

I don't think we should keep pushing resolution for video games... Movies? absolutely we should push for better but I feel that games there is very little to get from that increase in resolution other than a bogged down system.
I think your right but i cannot see developers not trying to push for it. I think they should focus on 4k though