• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Editing Software Editing software

Kjred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi everyone,

I was wondering what software is best to use for videos and what you all recommend. Both free and paid for ones would help me alot. Thanks !

Reactions: LilFrecklesGaming

LilFrecklesGaming

Subscriber Goal
I use Davinci Resolve 16. They have a free version and a paid for, which is about 300 dollars. BUT if I remember correctly, you have access to everything and all future updates at no extra cost. It has a steep learning curve, but there is a ton of tools in it. And you can easily find tutorials online.

In my opinion, you dont really need the paid version if your just wanting to do some basic editing (not trying to make a movie).

I hope this helps!

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Well ... if you are super super new to editing like me ( 9 months back).. you can start with iMovie (if you are using apple)... free cost.. can learn your basic editing terms and use ..

Completely my personal opinion based on how I started.

sampocker

KJRED if you're just starting out I would suggest iMovie, after that as LilFrecklesGaming said, I've had great success with the free version of Davinci Resolve, but there's a huge learning curve, whereas iMovie you can learn in under an hour. HTH.

OP
OP
Kjred

Kjred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I use Davinci Resolve 16. They have a free version and a paid for, which is about 300 dollars. BUT if I remember correctly, you have access to everything and all future updates at no extra cost. It has a steep learning curve, but there is a ton of tools in it. And you can easily find tutorials online.

In my opinion, you dont really need the paid version if your just wanting to do some basic editing (not trying to make a movie).

I hope this helps!
Great thanks, Ill have a look at it and see if its any good for me

Well ... if you are super super new to editing like me ( 9 months back).. you can start with iMovie (if you are using apple)... free cost.. can learn your basic editing terms and use ..

Completely my personal opinion based on how I started.
Sadly i dont have a mac but i have heard good things about it for starters

KJRED if you're just starting out I would suggest iMovie, after that as LilFrecklesGaming said, I've had great success with the free version of Davinci Resolve, but there's a huge learning curve, whereas iMovie you can learn in under an hour. HTH.
I think ill look into Davinci Resolve ! i dont have a mac at the minute but i am thinking about getting one.

I use Lightworks. It's right up there with Davinci Resolve.
I think im going to go for Davinci resolve but if i cant get away with it ill give Lightworks a go. Thanks for the help

• Love
Reactions: Damon

Zita

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
zitachristie.com
Subscriber Goal
I have final cut pro x but I barely used it as I can easily caught up with editing and procrastinate on actual posting my video. Now I edit on LumaFusion, it has all the basics and makes it simpler to post a video.

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
Kjred

Kjred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have final cut pro x but I barely used it as I can easily caught up with editing and procrastinate on actual posting my video. Now I edit on LumaFusion, it has all the basics and makes it simpler to post a video.
I'll check that out too. Thanks !

Reactions: Zita
OP
OP
Kjred

Kjred

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I've moved this to gear disussion seems this isn't really a YouTube strategies question, and Editing software falls into Gear on these forums :)
Great' ill remember for next time thank you !

A Scot Living Abroad

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have used filmora 9 and iMovie, both good for beginners, I find iMovie better if you have uploads with little editing, filmora 9 I use for more detailed.

Reactions: HikingWithGus

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi everyone,

I was wondering what software is best to use for videos and what you all recommend. Both free and paid for ones would help me alot. Thanks !

Which is best is personal per person. I love the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of tools and think it's amazing. However there are great free versions out there. Adobe Rush, Da Vinci Resolve, Hitfilm Express. There are other paid options like Avid, Davinci Pro, Filmora 9, Etc.

nathanielong

designatestudio.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi everyone,

I use LumaFusion on the iPad for most of my videos. Especially good if you want to keep things portable and have your videos stored on iCloud.

HikingWithGus

Subscriber Goal
I started out using Power Director and found it to be too glitchy and a bit pricey for what I was getting. Then I migrated to Davinci Resolve's free version, but found there is huge learning curve that I just did not have the time to learn while trying to upload on a regular basis. So for now I have settled on Filmora 9. I am still fiddle with D.A. and continuing to learn it's interface. But for now it's Filmora9's paid version which is about $50.00

residentcasuals

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi everyone,

We use shotcut. Easy to use, free and there is a bunch of tutorial vids on youtube to help you get around.