• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Analytics - data averages

Gary L

In Analytics, the see numbers for:
-Impressions
-Impressions click-through rate
-Views from impressions
-Average view duration
-etc...

But these are stand-alone numbers. There are no other numbers to compare them to. Therefore, I do not know how well I am doing and my areas of improvements.
Are there a set of averages I can compare my numbers too?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
are you getting these analytics from the channel average, or are you checking on an individual video basis?

I would think that one video with low average impressions, clickthrough and view duration, and then the next video, with a higher average click through/impression/view duration, would give you the idea that one video is performing better than the previous, thus improvement. And I feel it's better to look at individual videos and not necessarily compare them to others. If a thumbnail has low clickthrough rate, it gives the impression that you need to up your thumbnail game.
If the impressions are low, it means you either need to work on your title, your tags (For discovery) or you need to find more searched for topics that are searched more and cared about.
If your ctr and impressions are good, but your view duration is bad, it means you need to look at your editing or presentation skills IN the video, as a drop in audience retention means they lost interest in that area of your video. All of this can give you specific points on areas to improve.

Reactions: Ikerot
OP
OP
Gary L

Gary L

are you getting these analytics from the channel average, or are you checking on an individual video basis?

I would think that one video with low average impressions, clickthrough and view duration, and then the next video, with a higher average click through/impression/view duration, would give you the idea that one video is performing better than the previous, thus improvement. And I feel it's better to look at individual videos and not necessarily compare them to others. If a thumbnail has low clickthrough rate, it gives the impression that you need to up your thumbnail game.
If the impressions are low, it means you either need to work on your title, your tags (For discovery) or you need to find more searched for topics that are searched more and cared about.
If your ctr and impressions are good, but your view duration is bad, it means you need to look at your editing or presentation skills IN the video, as a drop in audience retention means they lost interest in that area of your video. All of this can give you specific points on areas to improve.
Thanks, Beanie Draws.