• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Audio Gear Improve Audio Quality

kitchen c/o ammama

Distinguished Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I do cooking videos of my grandma .. She speaks really soft ... I literally have to increase the volume in iMovie by 5 times, switch off all fans while shooting video. It's kinda ok then.

Can anyone suggest some good mic or some software or any thing else. I really want to improve audio quality.

Thanks !

Last edited by a moderator:

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I do cooking videos of my grandma .. She speaks really soft ... I literally have to increase the volume in iMovie by 5 times, switch off all fans while shooting video. It's kinda ok then.

Can anyone suggest some good mic or some software or any thing else. I really want to improve audio quality.

Thanks !
Well I know with the right eq tweaking (check out Mike Russel for great tips) you can make even the softest audio pick up a bit. I often need to do that on my videos because when I get in the zone of drawing, I often mumble and talk quietly, so there's some settings out there you can use to lift the volume at the low end, without blowing out the high end, and some noise reduction tends to help as well.

Rode microphones are good, but I actually think it might benifit your grandma to have a lapel mic. @Andrew will have more information on what you should be looking for. But with a good lapel mic, it will stay nice and close to her mouth, without getting in the way. The Boyah BYM1 is very inexpensive at about $20, has a very long cable if you want to connect it further away, but I have found it's a bit quite, so might not be the right kind of lapel mic. so Andrew might have better suggestions.