• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Declined TubeBuddy MCN

OP
OP
originalraith

originalraith

TubeBuddy Pro
Already asked. That takes TB in a different direction. The bigger problem is MCN's are putting their own limits on creators to make money. You might not be able to join unless you have 50k subs.
This is true but imagine if the were a 70/30 split, we know that the money we pay for the plugin goes to updating and improving etc, imagine if you could do more in the TubeBuddy in one place, upgrades to licence etc etc

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
From what I understand, there WAS an MCN option with tubebuddy but was discontinued because pretty much no one took advantage of it. My memory was a bit foggy, but this was around 2017/2018 when MCN's were more common.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I am not a fan of MCN's in general... have never heard someone say great things about them. Even the best always held caveats for the work they did and the money they took. It's a sound business model, I've just never heard of one that was actually worth the money they cost.

That having been said if I was to humor an MCN Iand if TubeBuddy offered that I would have to consider it, if for no other reason than the customer service and creator-first mentality I have experienced in dealing with them (prior to being a Mod of course).

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
I am not a fan of MCN's in general... have never heard someone say great things about them. Even the best always held caveats for the work they did and the money they took. It's a sound business model, I've just never heard of one that was actually worth the money they cost.

That having been said if I was to humor an MCN Iand if TubeBuddy offered that I would have to consider it, if for no other reason than the customer service and creator-first mentality I have experienced in dealing with them (prior to being a Mod of course).

I was a member of an MCN. When it was in it's prime, they took $$ from my Revshare, but they also offered me side videos to make. I could get on a $500-1,000 campaign fairly easy. I made more those months than my Youtube ads were doing.

More important, I learned that you can make $$ in other ways, and not be reliant on YouTube ads.

It would have to be the right MCN, though. And nowadays, like I said earlier, you have to be talking to 50k or better audiences.

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I was a member of an MCN. When it was in it's prime, they took $$ from my Revshare, but they also offered me side videos to make. I could get on a $500-1,000 campaign fairly easy. I made more those months than my Youtube ads were doing.

More important, I learned that you can make $$ in other ways, and not be reliant on YouTube ads.

It would have to be the right MCN, though. And nowadays, like I said earlier, you have to be talking to 50k or better audiences.
Sounds like you were VERY lucky to find an MCN you were happy with because most of the time all I've heard were horror stories of MCN's taking most of the profit without helping or promoting at all. It seems like out of the hundreds of MCN's out there, a handful were good and trust worthy and sounds like you got one of the better ones.

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
Sounds like you were VERY lucky to find an MCN you were happy with because most of the time all I've heard were horror stories of MCN's taking most of the profit without helping or promoting at all. It seems like out of the hundreds of MCN's out there, a handful were good and trust worthy and sounds like you got one of the better ones.

Many report the bad and don't even look at the good. A lot of horror MCN stories I could write off. The creator signed up but didn't read the TOS, or they had a single bad experience with payment or having a copyrighted video taken down, or simply they didn't participate in the MCN and thought this would be an easy ride.

I remember another creator who was part of that MCN (and on the same campaigns as me) just bad mouth the network when they had one issue go wrong. It was a silly issue about payment being held for 7 days, and they just wanted to get out of that contract.

I am not saying there were MCNs that weren't horror stories. But if you would've researched the company, the real story would unfold like a cheap suit.

I will say that unless I get brought into a major network MCN (like Viacom, Time Warner, etc), I probably will stick with no MCN.