• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Editing Software Was wondering what would be similar to imovie but for pc/windows

jameslimusic

I am getting a pc soon and have really loved editing my videos however with iMovie since this isn't supported for PC does anyone have any idea of what would be a similar good tool and not to expensive most expensive probably around 10 pounds. I would love any feedback on this thanks!

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I've never used iMovie so I can't have an opinion as to what video editing program for Windows would be a good match. I started out with TechSmith Camtasia then moved to Vegas Pro. I now have Filmora as well. None of these programs are cheap. Vegas cost about $250 USD but I got it for $25 from a Humble Bundle sale a year ago. My son got me Filmora as an early father's day gift but it cost $70. The only video editing software that's free is Shotcut but I am not familiar with how it works. And then there's DaVinci Resolve which has a free version and a very different UI from what I am used to. But I hear it' a pretty good video editor, even the free version.

Reactions: jameslimusic

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm not sure how indepth iMovie is, but HitFilm is free. Davinci Resolve is free (they do have a paid option) but it can be resource intensive.
At the abolute most basic level, you can STILL download the legacy version of Windows Movie Maker. There's no layers, it's very basic, but it's free.

Reactions: jameslimusic
OP
OP
jameslimusic

jameslimusic

I'm not sure how indepth iMovie is, but HitFilm is free. Davinci Resolve is free (they do have a paid option) but it can be resource intensive.
At the abolute most basic level, you can STILL download the legacy version of Windows Movie Maker. There's no layers, it's very basic, but it's free.
Okay thank you very much for the help I might try these ones out first and then if they aren't so good consider getting some of the paid options suggested from another commenter :)

I've never used iMovie so I can't have an opinion as to what video editing program for Windows would be a good match. I started out with TechSmith Camtasia then moved to Vegas Pro. I now have Filmora as well. None of these programs are cheap. Vegas cost about $250 USD but I got it for $25 from a Humble Bundle sale a year ago. My son got me Filmora as an early father's day gift but it cost $70. The only video editing software that's free is Shotcut but I am not familiar with how it works. And then there's DaVinci Resolve which has a free version and a very different UI from what I am used to. But I hear it' a pretty good video editor, even the free version.
Thanks very much for helping I think I will try to use the free editors and then if they aren't good enough try some of the paid options. THanks!

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws