• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Twitter How do you grow YOUR community on twitter?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This will sound a little too close to "how do you get more subs?" but I've been curious for those of you on twitter, some of you have rediculously large followings. What do you think lead to such a large community? Was it time? Consistency in your posts? Asking questions? or simply getting involved in other discussions and re-tweeting others? I'm very curious :)

Octorious

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Legend
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, I also would like to gather a following on Twitter and Instagram, so any help or advice would be loved :)

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
Following!

In the UK, (and this will be a massive generalisation I know) but twitter isn't really a big deal here. We know that we can get breaking news or peoples opinions. BUT on a personal & business level, it's like the long lost distant cousin that emigrated 1990 and everyone has now forgotten about! Gone are the days when you'd ask some to send you a DM on Twitter. The obv DM is now Instagram. And in fact, you'd be greeted with a "Twitter has DMs?" look of confusion.

This is a feature I'd Love YouTube to have. I'd love like a DM inbox that meant people could stay on Platform to say hello to you! This would BE EPIC!!
Side Note...I also can't wait to get YT Stories!

Anyway, back to Tweeter!!
*Following* :joy:

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
This will sound a little too close to "how do you get more subs?" but I've been curious for those of you on twitter, some of you have rediculously large followings. What do you think lead to such a large community? Was it time? Consistency in your posts? Asking questions? or simply getting involved in other discussions and re-tweeting others? I'm very curious :)

It's very similar to YouTube in a way. Think what is the value on that platform. For me I share a bit more behind the scenes and study type information I don't have time, or a dedicated place for a video.

It also helps to be engaged in hashtags you care about, and interact and follow others in that space. Setting a goal for twitter for me, to reach brands, and show behind the scenes on my YT has been HUGE in my growth there.

IT also let's be more relatable, and keep people informed with what I'm doing.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I've been looking into asking a similar question. Twitter is an interesting social media because people often tend to follow based on your comments on someone else tweets. I haven't made a real affort ot grow my Twitter account so it makes sense why it's so low. But I'll work on that soon enough.

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Twitter is hugely popular in the Philippines, especially when Filipino TV shows dominate the worldwide trending list. I normally tweet in twitter parties but for promoting, I do that when I'm about to upload a YT Video.

TanookiAlex

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I grew my community on twitter to around 1,000 by posting funny roblox posts, which then promoted people to subscribe to my YouTube channel
I also run a gimmick account with 8k that directs traffic to me sometimes if i make a post linking my stuff if it gets popular: usually people "plug" if they have a platinum post
i kinda just got myself immersed in the game community and was known for my humor and news that i posted on stan twitter