• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Twitter Using twitter to advertise

Ameen

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Do you think marketting on youtube is worth it ?
What are your best tips for ppl with new twitter account ?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'd start twitter with no intent of marketing or promotion. You want to find a community. Join conversations, comment on other people's posts in a human manner. I've seen one person with thousands of followers on twitter, and all they do is post blogs of marketing articles and those posts get barely ANY engagement at all. Roberto Blake on the other hand, I see as a king of twitter. I'd watch him, just read his posts, see how he shares, see how he engages. Thats the big part of Twitter (much like YouTube) ENGAGEMENT, discussion and community.

Reactions: Ameen
OP
OP
Ameen

Ameen

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
I'd start twitter with no intent of marketing or promotion. You want to find a community. Join conversations, comment on other people's posts in a human manner. I've seen one person with thousands of followers on twitter, and all they do is post blogs of marketing articles and those posts get barely ANY engagement at all. Roberto Blake on the other hand, I see as a king of twitter. I'd watch him, just read his posts, see how he shares, see how he engages. Thats the big part of Twitter (much like YouTube) ENGAGEMENT, discussion and community.
So basically on twitter we are starting a new community other than that of twitter ? ... Roberto tweets a lot and recieves tons of engagement

Aaron

Reputable Poster
TubeBuddy Legend
goldsteindigital.com
Subscriber Goal
So basically on twitter we are starting a new community other than that of twitter ? ... Roberto tweets a lot and recieves tons of engagement
Roberto also has quite a huge following... people with a huge following can usually convert a portion of their audience to social media but will rarely convert the entirety. The reason he is getting interaction though is because he is starting discussions and or participating in discussions and that is the point of social media... conversation not advertising.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I've also had a HUGE opportunity to connect with brands, and them sharing out your content can be GAME CHANGING. It's really how you handle the situation, and use it to connect with companies and users that follow you off platform!

• Love
Reactions: Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
What I've learned about Twitter, is at the end of the day, you need to have something to SAY. It's a good promotional tool, but but you really want to mix it in with sharing other people's tweets and acheivements, sharing your thoughts on other people's thoughts. When I started and I had no followers, I think I essentially just shared my thoughts, assuming one day people might be interested in reading them. Kind of like a website blog, you might not always know if someone is there reading, but you post regardless because you have something to say. People might still be reading, they just might not "like" or comment right away. People will start engaging once they get to know you better, just like with any community.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
What I've learned about Twitter, is at the end of the day, you need to have something to SAY. It's a good promotional tool, but but you really want to mix it in with sharing other people's tweets and acheivements, sharing your thoughts on other people's thoughts. When I started and I had no followers, I think I essentially just shared my thoughts, assuming one day people might be interested in reading them. Kind of like a website blog, you might not always know if someone is there reading, but you post regardless because you have something to say. People might still be reading, they just might not "like" or comment right away. People will start engaging once they get to know you better, just like with any community.

Exactly, and that is one of the reasons it's my favorite social media sites. HOWEVER, it can be a double edge sword.

• Love

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Exactly, and that is one of the reasons it's my favorite social media sites. HOWEVER, it can be a double edge sword.
It's actually turning a bit into reddit and facebook lately in the double edge sword area. It really teaches you to be mindful of what you say and how to say it because people WILL hold you accountable if you say things the wrong way.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
It's actually turning a bit into reddit and facebook lately in the double edge sword area. It really teaches you to be mindful of what you say and how to say it because people WILL hold you accountable if you say things the wrong way.

Yeah. I think like any form of posting online be aware that ANYONE can see, and is a reminder to post wisely :)

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah. I think like any form of posting online be aware that ANYONE can see, and is a reminder to post wisely :)
I've actually been curious, do you have any posting part or say in the tubebuddy twitter or is that other staff? Part of me imagines Phil posting on the tubebuddy twitter as his own twitter :p