• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review HOW CAN I MAKE MY VIDEO MORE ENGAGING TO HAVE HIGHER AUDIENCE RETENTION AND MORE SUBS?

belleh

Subscriber Goal
User name: belleh
Title of thread: HOW CAN I MAKE MY VIDEO MORE ENGAGING TO HAVE HIGHER AUDIENCE RETENTION AND MORE SUBS?
Self review: The feedbacks I usually get from TudeBuddy, I always make sure to implement them in my videos and I feel like my recent upload is my best in terms of editing but it has the least views. Could you suggest to me ways in which i could improve my views and audience retention
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/ULwUHzU8ILE

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/28218/

Immortal Explorer

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi, your intro graphics are quite good, and SOME of the editing was ok. But to be honest, your presentation put me off. It came across more like you were just Facetiming a friend. I really got the impression that you were just making this video because you NEED to produce content to grow your channel. A lot of it came across as just waffle. You do seem to have potential though, and granted I don't know anything about Kpop. My advice would just be to tighten up your act/presentation and less waffle at the start. If that makes sense.

efurey

You can use tags, research SEO, use high quality thumbnails but most of alp create good content that people want to see:)

Just Terry Being Me

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
User name: belleh
Title of thread: HOW CAN I MAKE MY VIDEO MORE ENGAGING TO HAVE HIGHER AUDIENCE RETENTION AND MORE SUBS?
Self review: The feedbacks I usually get from TudeBuddy, I always make sure to implement them in my videos and I feel like my recent upload is my best in terms of editing but it has the least views. Could you suggest to me ways in which i could improve my views and audience retention
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/ULwUHzU8ILE

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/28218/
Hi, maybe instead of just talking you should show pictures are some clips so those who don't know who you're talking about will know. I think that that would make a difference. Keep on getting better and follow your dreams.

Hi, maybe instead of just talking you should show pictures are some clips so those who don't know who you're talking about will know. I think that that would make a difference. Keep on getting better and follow your dreams.
I see that you show just a little clips. Maybe you can have constant picture and clips on one side and you be on the other side and comment on what's on the clip.

OP
OP
belleh

belleh

Subscriber Goal
Hi, your intro graphics are quite good, and SOME of the editing was ok. But to be honest, your presentation put me off. It came across more like you were just Facetiming a friend. I really got the impression that you were just making this video because you NEED to produce content to grow your channel. A lot of it came across as just waffle. You do seem to have potential though, and granted I don't know anything about Kpop. My advice would just be to tighten up your act/presentation and less waffle at the start. If that makes sense.
Hi, please what do you mean by presentation cause IΓÇÖm still quite new to all of this

Immortal Explorer

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi, please what do you mean by presentation cause IΓÇÖm still quite new to all of this

Hi, so I felt like there was a lot of unnecessary talk at the beginning, and maybe throughout. Toto think. be fair, I get that most Youtubers do this , i.e spend a lot of time talking about stuff other than what's in the title. But the main thing was that at times it came across as though you were struggling to think of things to say, like I could see your brain pausing to think, which makes sense if you're new. Overall It was just quite apparent, or at least felt like you were just making the video for the sake of putting out content. Which in a way you have to do. But you do come across as likeable, so there's nothing to worry about in that department. Just practice I suppose. Hope that helps.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

omarortiz

Audio can be improved a little better. use an external microphone like a lavalier mic or shotgun mic.

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Like others have mentioned above, I feel you need more broll and stronger audio. I get the content, but I feel you're going to need to separate yourself from others by really switching it up on the visuals. I get the talking head visual, but maybe get another camera in place to cut to Camera A and then Camera B. I feel with clever editing you can hold your audience better in these videos.

OP
OP
belleh

belleh

Subscriber Goal
Like others have mentioned above, I feel you need more broll and stronger audio. I get the content, but I feel you're going to need to separate yourself from others by really switching it up on the visuals. I get the talking head visual, but maybe get another camera in place to cut to Camera A and then Camera B. I feel with clever editing you can hold your audience better in these videos.
i have only one camera so what else could i do to make my videos more visually engaging?

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Perhaps storyboard it out and adjust the camera's angles for cuts. Its a bit harder this way but you are essentially making edits with a shot list prior to filming.

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.cbdheadquartersemporium.com
Subscriber Goal
You can certainly add cards to enagge your audiences and ask them if they like the video so far? Try and keep them watching with catchy and or informative cards. Also I liked what a previous member called out with adding some images to your clips to give the audiences a visual to connect to. Heck your already editing anyway... Best of luck!

Hey Belleh, you've definitely got the personality and knowledge to make this work but I think you need to be more to the point throughout the video. Force yourself to only do a 30 sec intro, which explains who you are and what you're going to talk about today. Then, give yourself 2 mins max on each video. If you go over, re-record. It will make you more succinct and people will feel they're learning a lot.

Presentation-wise, I think you can give more of a performance. Show a glint in your eye, almost flirt with the camera (or think of a person you want to flirt with on) and smile. If you're not passionate about your subject, then people will go elsewhere.

The filming and lighting were great. Could you get a more neutral, or exciting background? Right now it's in the middle. YouTuber bedroom chic with bookcases and memorabilia are being used by broadcasters to try and get more young people watching. Why not use a backdrop to help?

Your editing was fine but how much cooler would it be if you had some music behind you?! A few beats would give it some extra energy. You'd need Royalty Free music but it would give it some bounce.

I hope some of this helps. There are some really easy wins, which I think will make your videos more compelling that in turn will make people watch longer and therefore get you that all-important watch time and retention!

Good luck!!

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
We live in a fairly ADD society these days. If you want to improve the amount of time people are watching your video then you need to do things that will keep them interested. Learn how to edit effectively; cutting un-needed portions of your dialogue while editing can help keep the focus of your video on the more pertinent information, and adding b-roll, graphics and sound effects will go a long ways towards increasing your AVD. Have fun with it; watch the creators you enjoy and learn from them... there is no greater teacher!

• Love
Reactions: CBDHeadquarters

CBDHeadquarters

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.cbdheadquartersemporium.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey Belleh, you've definitely got the personality and knowledge to make this work but I think you need to be more to the point throughout the video. Force yourself to only do a 30 sec intro, which explains who you are and what you're going to talk about today. Then, give yourself 2 mins max on each video. If you go over, re-record. It will make you more succinct and people will feel they're learning a lot.

Presentation-wise, I think you can give more of a performance. Show a glint in your eye, almost flirt with the camera (or think of a person you want to flirt with on) and smile. If you're not passionate about your subject, then people will go elsewhere.

The filming and lighting were great. Could you get a more neutral, or exciting background? Right now it's in the middle. YouTuber bedroom chic with bookcases and memorabilia are being used by broadcasters to try and get more young people watching. Why not use a backdrop to help?

Your editing was fine but how much cooler would it be if you had some music behind you?! A few beats would give it some extra energy. You'd need Royalty Free music but it would give it some bounce.

I hope some of this helps. There are some really easy wins, which I think will make your videos more compelling that in turn will make people watch longer and therefore get you that all-important watch time and retention!

Good luck!!
What incredibly useful comments. Thanks for sharing all the input as a lot of your point useful.

We live in a fairly ADD society these days. If you want to improve the amount of time people are watching your video then you need to do things that will keep them interested. Learn how to edit effectively; cutting un-needed portions of your dialogue while editing can help keep the focus of your video on the more pertinent information, and adding b-roll, graphics and sound effects will go a long ways towards increasing your AVD. Have fun with it; watch the creators you enjoy and learn from them... there is no greater teacher!
damn it, spoker and explained like a pro. Los of viewers tend to zone out and reason I'm always looking for great ideas and call outs for attention and retention. Your inputs been helpful to me. Thanks for sharing with us all!

OP
OP
belleh

belleh

Subscriber Goal
I personally put captions
English captions?

Th
Thanks IΓÇÖll make sure to work on your feedback.