• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Are you a cheap or an expensive youtuber?

InspirationalbyMarie

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Affordable, but I watch tips on how 'budget' can be used more effectively, (recently a lavalier mic was suggested to me). I use an iPhone 8 which will be updated in my next contract soon. I have other bits and pieces like for example ring lighting. If I do buy anything I don't always go for name brands either but rather look at reviews of more reasonable items that do the same thing.

TheHappyKidShow

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I wanna say cheap. I have a 10 year old camcorder and no audio or lighting equipment. I do have a green screen and a student license for Adobe premiere. Doing the best I can with what I got.

JoshKimche

Very cheap at the moment, use my laptop webcam with a very cheap editing software. Hoping to upgrade as I go along though!

laurenproctor

laurenproctor32.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm also a cheap YouTuber. My first investment (other than my computer and the iPhone I already have) is going to be a gimbal or tripod so I can do something other than record from my computer and/or prop up my iPhone on a stack of books. lol.

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I use my iPhone 11 Pro and iPad Pro these were things I had to begin with so kinda expensive in one sense but necessary for me with my work so really I donΓÇÖt think IΓÇÖm an expensive youtuber. We have a very good camera tripod that is well worth itΓÇÖs money. My son got a go pro for Christmas so we use that for action things. We would like a drone For go pro and more go pro attachments but really what we have atm is fine. We just need to get better at filming as newbies. WeΓÇÖre getting there and certainly have improved since our first videos lol

HikingWithGus

Subscriber Goal
hahahaha my channel is super cheap :p The first 3 years I was using Windows Movie Maker (free) a logitech c920 webcam (roughly $200 at the time) and a desk lamp that cost $20

Slowly upgrading my setup. Looking to add another camera for multi angles and streaming (face cam and drawing cam) a new chair, and maybe an upgrade to my computer, and of course a lighting rig.

LOL, Same here! I was lost when Windows Movie Maker went away. My first videos were just basically slide shows. I could not even afford a web cam and would not have known what to do with it. I have since upgraded a bit. :)

sampocker

The videos I shot on my phone (before buying a camera) that look the most expensive were aided by $8 lights from Home Depot. I think that there are tiny little things you can do to punch up a cheap video to make it look expensive.

PoshBri

Subscriber Goal
I record on my phone and prior to having a mac, i also edited on my phone.

residentcasuals

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Starting out we are trying to use as much free software or gear we already have available. As we grow, if we grow we are going to invest more and more into the channel.

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖm a mixture of both. Lol I film on my canon T7i which was over $900, sometimes using my 3dio mic which was pricy or even my beauty ring which was a few hundred. Just got a new lens too which wasnΓÇÖt crazy expensive but also not cheap.
Though IΓÇÖve been filming for over 5 years still have a ton to learn and most has been with filming on my iPhone. So maybe middle class youtuber. Lol

Zarakachy

I just started my channel. Am using my cell phone at the moment lol. With time will purchase some equipments.

nomarics

Subscriber Goal
I use xiaomi Mi A3 an entry level phone but it is a decent phone ,I compared it with some videos taken by most expensive phone like I phone theres no big difference well that is only my observation

Midas

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
themidasmvmt.com
Subscriber Goal
I started out doing video game voiceovers with a Scarlett mic I had bought a few years ago to make my own music! Now I have a pretty decent setup!

cookiequeenamber

TubeBuddy User
Hmm not really sure. I'm a streamer as well so I use all the same stuff. C922 cam AT2020USB+ mic. Photos are all done with my phone and lighting and background setups (yet to be set up) were a gift from a viewer. I will probably upgrade at some point, and I have specific things I want to get for my streaming, which in turn will allows for better youtube videos.