• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question How do I reach a bigger audience?

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
Without being funny, "How long is a Piece of String". There is no definitive answer. All of us in this Forum will have difference Answers for how long it takes, but most of us will have the same answer for how to reach a bigger Audience...

1 - Research your Niche - find out EXACTLY what people are searching for.
2 - Make a Video about that.
3 - Make sure your Metadata is on point - Perfectly Tagged, Perfect SEO'd Title. Perfectly SEO'd Description.
4 - Design a Thumbnail that absolutely POPS alongside competitors videos in your Niche.
5 - Repeat Steps 1-4 another 100+ times!

Basically, in a nutshell, it's that simple. A lot of hard graft...and A LOT of things to learn in Steps 1-4. But I can't make it any simpler than that.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I think it took me about 6 months to get 1000, but I didn't really care about that. I cared about making content, and gaining a community.

In your videos, ask questions, and don't just go "leave a comment down below" like, why should I?

I like to throw in quirky questions like "if you've watched this far, let me know by saying "yes I've watched this far" and in one of my videos I said "backfuzz" because I was drawing a bat dinosaur, so I asked people to simply say "backfuzz" in the comments, and I still get randome comments like that to this day :p it's a fun way of seeing who actually watches and pays attention and helps build a community that cares.

TheCannyKing

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
1- Try to promote in other websites OTHER than YouTube itself, like Reddit or Facebook etc.
2- As time progresses us human beings are becoming more and more impatient (its a fact) so make your titles precise. 2 examples:
1st example: Minecraft Dungeons New Game Review What I think About It And Is It Worth It?
2nd example: Minecraft Dungeons | Review | Worth It?
I think its quite clear which one is better.
3- Keep videos precise as well. No one wants to watch someone yack about something for even 20 mins.
4- SEO's and keywords, make sure to nail those things.
These are a few ways to reach a bigger audience

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
There is no definitive answer to your question as many have pointed out here. The time it takes to reach 1000 subs depends on your ability to find your ideal audience, create content they want to watch, convince them your content is good enough to want more, and providing a consistent flow of content they can depend on. There is no promise you will ever reach 1000 subs, the only thing you can do is create content ppl want to see and give it time to see if you are successful.

OP
OP
The PE Spot

The PE Spot

Subscriber Goal
Without being funny, "How long is a Piece of String". There is no definitive answer. All of us in this Forum will have difference Answers for how long it takes, but most of us will have the same answer for how to reach a bigger Audience...

1 - Research your Niche - find out EXACTLY what people are searching for.
2 - Make a Video about that.
3 - Make sure your Metadata is on point - Perfectly Tagged, Perfect SEO'd Title. Perfectly SEO'd Description.
4 - Design a Thumbnail that absolutely POPS alongside competitors videos in your Niche.
5 - Repeat Steps 1-4 another 100+ times!

Basically, in a nutshell, it's that simple. A lot of hard graft...and A LOT of things to learn in Steps 1-4. But I can't make it any simpler than that.

Thank yuh so much for your specific advice and pointers. As a creator IΓÇÖm sure all of us want our content to be shared. So thanks for the tips I truly appreciate your time and support!

y10p

There is no "standard" time to 100 subscribers and it will be different for everyone. I've seen so many channels that have stayed in the low hundreds for months and then suddenly hit 1,000 subscribers overnight.

How did they achieve this? Quality content. There are no shortcuts, you just need to produce quality content that makes people want to come back for more (and so they subscribe)

Reactions: The PE Spot

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
How long does it actually take to get 1,000 subscribers? Any tips to reach a bigger audience?
It took me several months to get to that point. Just be consistent with posting. The more videos you have the more chances you have of getting your channel out there. Longer videos tend to get a little more watch time and watch time is a big factor on how youtube ranks videos. For example IΓÇÖve posted a 2 minute video and maybe get an average of 1 minute views per viewer. I post a 20 minute video and maybe the average watch time on that is 8 minutes. The longer you get people to stay on YouTube the higher your channel ranks. So the more possible exposure YouTube will give you.

DamoΓÇÖs Paintings

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Looks like the general idea is to have a channel not just with heaps of videos, but videos aiming at a certain niche, and engaging enough to attract return viewers, as well as keep them watching the whole video, then thereΓÇÖs the SEO trickery, but most importantly, patience! We will all get there some day.

Cubey

On average it takes around a year, but if you a good, focused and upload more, then it'll be faster.