• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips To Intro Or Not To Intro, That Is The Question

Rick Ace

Subscriber Goal
I like good intros. I subscribed to a channel once only because of his intro! The content was great too but the intro got me hooked from the start.

Reactions: BraveStar

Keeping up with the

Cooking with Mrs Joneses
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think intros are very important as well as the outro. I am still in the learning process any help to actually help me.

Reactions: BraveStar

Midas

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
themidasmvmt.com
Subscriber Goal
I follow a lot of channels that don't have intros. They go straight from teaser to content with a simple "hi I'm (insert YouTuber name here) and sometimes a "welcome to (insert channel name here)". That works great for many of them. You can use a simple intro that is blended into the content itself such as a lower third pop up with your name or channel name and maybe your channel logo streaming across the screen. I went from a full-on intro to an over the content intro because I was doing gameplay and it works well with that type of content.

I don't really care too much for intros and I believe it just cuts down on viewer watch time. Now, THIS right here is a plan I need to implement. A lower third seems very clean.

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
I love short intro, I do the same intro on my video like same song, call to action, what the channel is about and what the vide is about before I start. I think intro builds a brand, it resounds on your viwers mind. I will be doing a professional intro once I hit 10k, soemthing nore graphic that will start all my videos. One thing I know is intro should not be shorter than 1 mins or the viewers are off.

Gunjit

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
You need a verbal intro for your video but I don't think a panzoid intro is necessary

CT Gena

I think it depends on the type of videos you do. Comedy and music would not need an intro, but vlogs and educational videos should have one. But please keep it short. I have seen too many where I have lost interest

WanderWithArin

Subscriber Goal
For my videos I like putting a nice short teaser at the start, followed by my "intro" or channel logo with music for like 6 seconds, and then the motovlog. Something to grab the viewer's interest as fast as possible. Which is also why I keep my intro short and to the point, I don't want to LOSE their interest either!

Seems to be going okay so far like this.
this is a good idea, thank you for sharing this :)