• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review New YouTuber here looking for honest feedback on my videos

belleh

Subscriber Goal
Reactions: Poodue76

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello @belleh,

I checked out your video and with your permission, I'll share some of my thoughts with you. Just so we're clear I'm just giving some constructive criticism, my opinions are not intended to insult your video in any way. With that said:

Audio is one of the most important parts of any video, more important than the video quality itself in many cases. The audio on your video definitely could use some work. I have a couple of ideas that can help. First I would suggest trying to find a place or a time when there's less background noise. Music in the background, even low in volume, can still create a copyright issue. @Andrew has a great video on his channel about using moving blankets as a low cost but effective means to help with better audio on your videos. These can help lower the background noise a little making it easier to manage.

You can also try using Audacity, a free audio editing tool that can help clean some of the noise in your audio. There are a lot of tutorials on YT on how to use Audacity to clean your audio footage and end up with better sounding audio for your videos. There are ways to extract the audio of you video and then add it back during the editing/rendering of the video.

One last piece of advice on your audio. I would suggest reviewing your videos before uploading to YT and after uploading. I noticed there a small delay between the audio and the video, this can be annoying to potential subscribers.

My only other nitpick is the intro, while nice and short you could blend it into the video a bit better. Try using transitions so it doesn't look so random and out of place.

Hope this helps. :)

Reactions: kitchen c/o ammama

JasCool Gaming

TubeBuddy User
I'm going, to be honest here so you can improve. I think your video is great but it's just the thumbnail and title that are not attractive enough. I wouldn't click on them myself. If you want to improve, you can try to watch some thumbnail tutorial videos on youtube. For the title, just try to keep working on it.

Drivenprogressive

Subscriber Goal
hello there i checked out your vid i think you have a great personality and i think you are good on camera things i would try and fix are your lighting which can be way cheaper to fix than audio and maybe do some speed up montages because 19 minutes is a long time i feel if you cut down some of the make up applying you would be able to have longer retention but im by no means an expert also check out canva for doing thumbnails

• Love
Reactions: belleh
OP
OP
belleh

belleh

Subscriber Goal
hello there i checked out your vid i think you have a great personality and i think you are good on camera things i would try and fix are your lighting which can be way cheaper to fix than audio and maybe do some speed up montages because 19 minutes is a long time i feel if you cut down some of the make up applying you would be able to have longer retention but im by no means an expert also check out canva for doing thumbnails
Thanks for your honest criticism. IΓÇÖll make sure to invest in good lighting and IΓÇÖll cut down on the length of the video. Thanks again.

The New Gardener

Subscriber Goal
heres my review:

Firstly, your personality is great and you project that well, however, as previously mentioned, your lighting and background noise is an issue and lets you down.

I agree with many of the above comments that the audio should be improved as the background noise is distracting from your content.

Your thumbnails are not likely to catch the eye, they need to be a hook. Remember people go on youtube looking for something, so make the thumbnail and your content focussed on answering a need.

If you opened with an introduction with no explanation of what the content is about, would also help in my opinion.

OP
OP
belleh

belleh

Subscriber Goal
heres my review:

Firstly, your personality is great and you project that well, however, as previously mentioned, your lighting and background noise is an issue and lets you down.

I agree with many of the above comments that the audio should be improved as the background noise is distracting from your content.

Your thumbnails are not likely to catch the eye, they need to be a hook. Remember people go on youtube looking for something, so make the thumbnail and your content focussed on answering a need.

If you opened with an introduction with no explanation of what the content is about, would also help in my opinion.
Thanks for your honest feedback. However I donΓÇÖt quite understand the last sentence

The New Gardener

Subscriber Goal
Sorry just read that back - donΓÇÖt know where the word ΓÇÿnoΓÇÖ got there. I meant with an intro explaining what the content is about

hope that helps

Harpyjessy

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello,

I really like your personality in the video. It shines through. However, I think the first three minutes were spent talking about what you were instead of the purpose of the video. The topic is a little vague, therefore i think the first few minutes should contain explanation of the topic and the process. Overall, its a good video for a beginner(I am a beginner as well)

I hope this helps
With regards
Jessica