• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Suggestion TubeBuddy "Showroom" Page

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
So I'm trying to show people how to use TB using their accounts, but connecting to their accounts is kinda messy for my profile.

I would like to see a page on the TB interface, where I can log in, and enter their channel information, or a video, and get a mock YT page of their channel or video with full Tubebuddy features. I could show them how to make a Thumbnail (and give them the thumb to use), as well as tags, End Screen and Info card options.

Of course, it wouldn't affect their channel unless they personally applied the info. The Showroom mode could be a great way to see the options in a familiar environment.

A basic plan client could also try out every feature of TB. This could help them choose whether upgrading is their best option.

Thoughts?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
So I'm trying to show people how to use TB using their accounts, but connecting to their accounts is kinda messy for my profile.

I would like to see a page on the TB interface, where I can log in, and enter their channel information, or a video, and get a mock YT page of their channel or video with full Tubebuddy features. I could show them how to make a Thumbnail (and give them the thumb to use), as well as tags, End Screen and Info card options.

Of course, it wouldn't affect their channel unless they personally applied the info. The Showroom mode could be a great way to see the options in a familiar environment.

A basic plan client could also try out every feature of TB. This could help them choose whether upgrading is their best option.

Thoughts?

While I like this Idea, I don't think YouTube would let us do this. I'll send this to the devs, but I don't think it would be possible based on how YT is about things like this :/

BensTechLab

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.benstechlab.com
Subscriber Goal
Yah, echoing what Andrew said above. I'm a developer myself and have actually had code that I wrote for a client of mine to access their own YouTube channel data audited by Google. They are always watching out for security and permissions issues and might not allow TubeBuddy to access another person's channel data without their explicit permission. So you'd end up with a bunch of broken features for whatever bits TubeBuddy wasn't authorized for on that channel.

OP
OP
Jeffrey Powers

Jeffrey Powers

TubeBuddy Legend
geekazine.com
While I like this Idea, I don't think YouTube would let us do this. I'll send this to the devs, but I don't think it would be possible based on how YT is about things like this :/

Even if it's a few options, it's still valuable. And keep in mind, this is data that is easily accessible. Tags, Thumbnail creator, best practice monitor I believe can all be part of that without stepping on toes.

The idea is the page does not change anything on the actual YT'ers site. They can choose to copy/paste info.