• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Does this video do a good job showing what Acoustic Panels Can Do?

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
User name: Andrew
Title of thread: Does this video do a good job showing what Acoustic Panels Can Do?
Self review: Right now this video has about an 8.9% CTR and 76% audience retention. I'm happy for these results, but I want to know can you HEAR a difference between the before and after with this product, and does the demonstration of how this doesn't soundproof make sense to you? Where I hold the foam in front of my face? Let me know!
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/V1_hYrS7CJM

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/28143/post-81993

kachdu

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Hey Andrew, saw the video and loved the simple explanation about foam panels that all of us can use while making videos.
1. Your demo when you hold the foam to show it isn't soundproof is clearly able to bring across the point that these panels are only sound dampeners to an extent and they are not going to transform a home right next to a highway with a lot of traffic into a professional sound studio.
2. I can definitely hear the difference when you were using them vs when you were not using them, so good job at that.
3. The only slight thing that bugged me was the change in video quality while you show their demo, was a bit jarring. I mean your videos have such high production quality, especially with the talking headshots, but the demo felt a bit amateurish. If that even makes any sense. I think that is the point where you start loosing audience as explained by the 74% audience retention. So I will suggest to may be work on aesthetically capturing and planning those kind of shots as well.

Though I am by no means any good at this, that was my honest feedback. Thanks and stay safe.

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey Andrew, saw the video and loved the simple explanation about foam panels that all of us can use while making videos.
1. Your demo when you hold the foam to show it isn't soundproof is clearly able to bring across the point that these panels are only sound dampeners to an extent and they are not going to transform a home right next to a highway with a lot of traffic into a professional sound studio.
2. I can definitely hear the difference when you were using them vs when you were not using them, so good job at that.
3. The only slight thing that bugged me was the change in video quality while you show their demo, was a bit jarring. I mean your videos have such high production quality, especially with the talking headshots, but the demo felt a bit amateurish. If that even makes any sense. I think that is the point where you start loosing audience as explained by the 74% audience retention. So I will suggest to may be work on aesthetically capturing and planning those kind of shots as well.

Though I am by no means any good at this, that was my honest feedback. Thanks and stay safe.

Thanks for the feedback! glad you could hear the difference!

I find that once people hear the sound test they make their call, and that's not uncommon. When it came to the setup at the end I wanted it to resemble my target audience, beginners, if it feels unattainable then why would they try it. I wanted it to feel like a setup anyone could do. Sure it's not as contrast, or higher end, but it's more realistic to what I see on YouTube currently :)

Thanks for letting me know, I'm now up to about 77% so I know it will fluctuate on the retention my main thing is just keeping it above 50% since most on the platform average 30% haha!

blackbeltsecrets

BlackBeltBarrister
www.blackbeltbarrister.com
Subscriber Goal
Absolutely KAN hear the difference! The sound stops dead and you can tell that the foam is doing its job! Coincidentally, I've just installed some foam on the walls of another part of my house I plan to film because we have a vaulted ceiling which is a huge echo trap, so I'm interested to see whether there is as much difference when I test later today!

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm glad that you put the "and here's how it sounded before" clip where you did because I was ABOUT to suggest you needed to add in the before clip, because about a second or 2 before you actually did provide the before audio clip, I did go back a few moments to when you had the before audio.

I think to improve that segment, it would have been better to put the before audio between explaining "as you can hear" and before the "this lets me film" I personally think the before example would have been better timed just before explaining why they're good to use.

Other than that though, I can't fault the video at all. The framing, b roll and editing is all on point, and damn does your setup look good on camera!

You really know what you're doing :)

The New Gardener

Subscriber Goal
just watched and yes, you can really spot the difference.

great informative video too, will be checking on the link for some myself.

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have always seen different Channels with those foam walls in the back and always wondered what is was...Glad you made a video about the Acoustic Panels... I never knew what the name of it was until now thanks lol. I can definitely hear the difference =) I wonder if you can buy or make like a cubicle all made out of the Acoustic Panels :eek:

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have always seen different Channels with those foam walls in the back and always wondered what is was...Glad you made a video about the Acoustic Panels... I never knew what the name of it was until now thanks lol. I can definitely hear the difference =) I wonder if you can buy or make like a cubicle all made out of the Acoustic Panels :eek:

Actually, if you search for videos on how mics and gaming headsets are tested you'll see they use small rooms with the walls covered in similar material that helps them get the best-case scenario for testing the devices to provide the best results possible. It can be done for a recording studio for YT as well though it leaves little for decorating your background.

blackbeltsecrets

BlackBeltBarrister
www.blackbeltbarrister.com
Subscriber Goal
Actually, if you search for videos on how mics and gaming headsets are tested you'll see they use small rooms with the walls covered in similar material that helps them get the best-case scenario for testing the devices to provide the best results possible. It can be done for a recording studio for YT as well though it leaves little for decorating your background.
It really is amazing stuff. It's really helped turning my gym into a courtroom during this pandemic :joy:

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Absolutely KAN hear the difference! The sound stops dead and you can tell that the foam is doing its job! Coincidentally, I've just installed some foam on the walls of another part of my house I plan to film because we have a vaulted ceiling which is a huge echo trap, so I'm interested to see whether there is as much difference when I test later today!

Awesome glad you KAN hear it! I love foam how did your test go?

I'm glad that you put the "and here's how it sounded before" clip where you did because I was ABOUT to suggest you needed to add in the before clip, because about a second or 2 before you actually did provide the before audio clip, I did go back a few moments to when you had the before audio.

I think to improve that segment, it would have been better to put the before audio between explaining "as you can hear" and before the "this lets me film" I personally think the before example would have been better timed just before explaining why they're good to use.

Other than that though, I can't fault the video at all. The framing, b roll and editing is all on point, and damn does your setup look good on camera!

You really know what you're doing :)

I guess I'm confused on what exactly you mean, I think I do. Thank you for the kind words though :)

just watched and yes, you can really spot the difference.

great informative video too, will be checking on the link for some myself.

Awesome! Let me know if you decide to get any :D

You definitely can that could be a really interesting video in itself hmmmm I'll think about that!

• Love
Reactions: Jeff Goober