• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice How to get more comments

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I noticed I rank decent on certain videos and start to get a little bit of views but seems like I rarely get comments :confused: I put a comment on some of my videos but I'm just talking with myself LOL Anyone else have this problems starting out.. what did you do different to get more viewers to comment.

Reactions: ASMRSadie
OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the response.. I have tried this a few times.. it's kinda working, also I thought when you put a comment on your own video it pins it to the top automatically

Reactions: ASMRSadie

Travel Interesante

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
I've found sincerely interacting with other creators of a similar size in your general area (though perhaps not in your specific niche though that's your call) helps in the long run. Hopefully you find a solid small group who will be mutually willing to help each other and then others will feel more comfortable jumping in with a comment knowing they won't be the only one or few there.

Reactions: IanDominicTV

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I've found sincerely interacting with other creators of a similar size in your general area (though perhaps not in your specific niche though that's your call) helps in the long run. Hopefully you find a solid small group who will be mutually willing to help each other and then others will feel more comfortable jumping in with a comment knowing they won't be the only one or few there.

May I add? As long as those comments are not related to Sub4Sub.

Reactions: Travel Interesante

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Sincere interaction is an absolute must... when you get a comment it is best to avoid simple, dialogue-ending statements like 'thank you.' Rather, encourage a continuation of the conversation by ending your response with a question.

To get more comments in general I would suggest asking a question at some point in the video and let the viewer know that you will be hanging out down in the comments to answer any questions. Hope that helps!

Reactions: AJ Faith & Fitness

ASaltyVeteran

Subscriber Goal
I just started my channel in Feb of this year. I knew nothing of YouTube so i started getting involved with the communities that were interested in my topics. For example i cook healthy food, so I found a target audience who is ALWAYS looking for healthy food and went in the direction of Weight Watchers! There were hundreds of Facebook groups, forums, etc. etc. you name it. I embedded myself into this world, made myself known and started to self promote within these groups and forums. It's a slow process but in just a few short months I gained over 2000 subscribers who i have connected with on multiple platforms. Still a noob myself but it's worked for me!

Reactions: Travel Interesante

The PE Spot

Subscriber Goal
I noticed I rank decent on certain videos and start to get a little bit of views but seems like I rarely get comments :confused: I put a comment on some of my videos but I'm just talking with myself LOL Anyone else have this problems starting out.. what did you do different to get more viewers to comment.

i hear your on that. I tend to comment on other videos to start a conversation. However, I feel like a lot of people seem to be uninterested in engaging conversations with subscribers. IΓÇÖd say keep being yourself and youΓÇÖll find the audience/viewers with your personality and youΓÇÖll have more engagement.

Reactions: Jeff Goober

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

Are you asking more questions? What makes YOU want to comment on videos? A lot of others gave great advice here too, but just food for thought :D

OP
OP
Jeff Goober

Jeff Goober

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Are you asking more questions? What makes YOU want to comment on videos? A lot of others gave great advice here too, but just food for thought :D
Most of my video I'll ask for them to leave a comment below on what they think on whatever topic I'm talking about.. I always ask questions in the comment on one of my videos.. it's hit or miss

thepiedcrafter

You could ask a question of the day in your video or even pin it at the top. I often ask viewers to leave a comment on what theyΓÇÖd like to see next. Sometimes it works but not always.

Thanks for sharing. I think it's a great advise. I will start to implement this and see if I get some traction out of it :)

Reactions: Jeff Goober

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Have a call to action to comment on your video. Ask a question. Encourage your viewers to comment. Of course, there will always be lurkers lol.

When they do comment, ask them questions XD
I'll get comments that'll simply say, "Great video!" - and I would respond with a question (or the question I asked in the video), and that usually gets them to respond in more detail.