• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Editing Software What is your favorite video editing app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
By App, do you mean Phone or Desktop. If phone, I LOVE inShot. I've tried most of the Phone apps and for me that's far and away the Best. So many cool add ons and you can upload your own fonts if you have a Brand. But i only use that for Social Media. My YouTube Videos all done on Desktop and I use Cyberlink Powerdirector 365.

OP
OP
KerryAnn

KerryAnn

TubeBuddy User
www.kerryannl.com
Subscriber Goal
By App, do you mean Phone or Desktop. If phone, I LOVE inShot. I've tried most of the Phone apps and for me that's far and away the Best. So many cool add ons and you can upload your own fonts if you have a Brand. But i only use that for Social Media. My YouTube Videos all done on Desktop and I use Cyberlink Powerdirector 365.
Thanks for sharing Steve. Yes I was referring to Phone. I went through so many. I haven't tried inShot yet. right now I am using Rush. its not bad but can have some glitches on mobile. So will keep these recommendations in mind.

I'm using Davinci Resolve now but was using Filmora9 before.
Thanks for the reply. I haven't tried any of these yet. I am still using Rush but not tied to it b/c of the glitches on mobile android. I will have to do a test run on my desktop to see if it performs better. I will keep these recommendations if or when I switch =)

I'm using Davinci Resolve now but was using Filmora9 before.
[/QUOTE
I use Final Cut Pro X on my Macbook Pro
Hey thanks so much for replying. I have heard really great things about the Final Cut Pro X.

Reactions: WorldComposting
OP
OP
KerryAnn

KerryAnn

TubeBuddy User
www.kerryannl.com
Subscriber Goal
I've been using Adobe Premiere since it meshes well with Audition :)
Is Adobe Premier great on Android devices? I am using Adobe rush at the moment. I am sure you are awesome. we all think we are boring until we share our stories and realize we are all very interesting and unique people

The_bizarre_avocado

I have been using inshot and kinemaster well what i do is kinemaster for cuts cause inshot cuts are complicated for me and i just put my logo above the watermark of kinemaster and this is in my phone

• Love
Reactions: KerryAnn

Good Mythical Mind

Subscriber Goal
I'm using Final Cut Pro 10 (FCPX), I make videos about Motivational Quotes, Workout Motivation, Affirmations & All kinds of Inspirational & Motivational videos.
Please Do check out my channel and Stay Motivated. -
Good Mythical Mind
Good Mythical Mind Motivation.png

Last edited:
  • Love

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
What differences would you notice between the 2 editing applications ??

Filmora: Easy to use and doesn't require as beefy a computer but proxy files can take a bit of time to create especially if you are using 4K files. Seems to sometimes use and sometimes not use my graphic card to encode which makes a massive difference in rendering time (10 minutes vs 90 minutes). For quick edits I still use this and it just seems faster.

Davinci Resolve: Harder to use but has more adjustments you can make to the video. Heavy use of a graphics card the entire time the application is open and can crash on older computers (didn't work until I upgraded). When importing files I found I don't necessarily need proxy files and things played well. Can output at a higher quality than Filmora9.

If your computer can handle it I would run Davinci especially as they have a free version (that I'm using) and it is a professional product that gets consistent updates. Mine can run it but I have newer hardware (Ryzen 5 3600 with 16GB RAM and Nvidia Geforce 1060) and even with that I'm debating on upgrading the graphics card to something better.

Saying that the only reason why I even installed Davinci was for my timelapse videos. Filmora imports each picture individually where as Davinci automatically turned them into a video and once I started I kept using Davinci.

Here is the timelapse video that got me to change https:// youtu.be/oX0b690md20 (remove the space to view)
~13000 photos to create

If you have any other questions let me know and I'll do my best to answer.

OP
OP
KerryAnn

KerryAnn

TubeBuddy User
www.kerryannl.com
Subscriber Goal
I have been using inshot and kinemaster well what i do is kinemaster for cuts cause inshot cuts are complicated for me and i just put my logo above the watermark of kinemaster and this is in my phone
hiding the watermark with your logo is genius. I have stopped using a few apps b/c of their super large watermarks. good stuff.

I'm using Final Cut Pro 10 (FCPX), I make videos about Motivational Quotes, Workout Motivation, Affirmations & All kinds of Inspirational & Motivational videos.
Please Do check out my channel and Stay Motivated. -
Good Mythical Mind
View attachment 5569
You had me at the gym motivation video trailer. subbed

Clanebo

I used to edit my videos with iMovie.
I'm running a software tutorial channel and I use Ken Burns effect to crop my tutorial videos to explain in detail by switching one part to another. But I can't reframe the video freely since iMovie keeps the aspect ratio at 16:9 all the time.
So then I bought FCPX, a better but not complicated tool for me.

The only frustrating point is that the clipping is not spot on in FCPX sometimes. I don't like to waste my time re-launching it every time stuck by the pro. Do you guys have the same experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.